Consumer Reports is an expert, independent nonprofit organization whose mission is to work for a fair, just, and safe marketplace for all consumers and to empower consumers to protect themselves. Our National Testing and Research Center, in Yonkers, N.Y., is the largest nonprofit educational and consumer product testing center in the world. We are a comprehensive source for unbiased advice about products and services, personal finance, health and nutrition, and other consumer concerns. Our diverse staff of scientists, editors, and consumer advocates provide in-depth and timely information on issues that affect everyone in this country.
The Corporate Relations Associate is integral to developing relationships with corporate, government, international entities. Another primary responsibility is promoting and enforce our No Commercial Use and Linking Policies.
- Degree in communications, public relations, business development, or related field with 3-5 years experience in a communications or regulatory role.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills, experience with client management software a plus (e.g. Raiser's Edge, SalesForce).
- Ability to manage projects independently and works well under pressure.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Review and triage complaints about violations of No Commercial Use and Linking policies and communicate violations to senior leader oversight team where appropriate.
- Recommend appropriate action to oversight team for violations of policy.
- Contact corporations when appropriate on behalf of Consumer Reports to resolve violations of No Commercial Use Policy and in support of other organization goals.
- Researches, recommends and assists Manager and Senior Director in identifying and contacting corporations and individuals to build relationships in support of organization goals.
- Assist in planning of corporate relations initiatives and management of selected projects, including planning special events.
- Oversee the development of and maintain a database of corporate relationships across the organization, assuring data is complete and accurate.
- Assist in developing, tracking and reporting metrics and milestones to assess progress made against corporate relations goals.
- Oversee work of interns as assigned.
- May perform other duties of the department, but not those of a higher group.
Consumers Reports is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
Consumer Reports does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, religion, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status and any other category covered by applicable law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in the application or interview process should notify a Consumer Reports Human Resources representative.
ConsumerReports.org - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard