Job Title: |
Corporate Responsibility Communications Director
New York, NY
As MetLife strives to become a truly world-class, more customer-centric business, working as One MetLife around the world, it is an exciting time to be part of the Global Communications team.
In Global Communications, we have a vital role to play in ensuring this success, helping MetLife build and protect a compelling, consistent, coherent global reputation and engaging a wide range of stakeholders both externally and internally.
This is a transformational time for Global Communications as we:
- In order to fulfill this role, we are transforming ourselves as a proactive, strategic, global function that has a seat at the table with the business.
- Our goal is to align and energize MetLife employees to support the company's strategy and tell an engaging MetLife story in a way that increases the receptivity of our external.
- Align ourselves with MetLife’s global •structure and operating model.
- Shift the way we operate from tactical to strategic and proactive.
- Strive to become world class as we build communications and operational capability to function globally
- Oversight and management of corporate responsibility communications issues affecting the company.
- Interfaces with internal clients and coordinates with Thought Leadership, MetLife Foundation and other teams to develop approaches to improve and enhance MetLife reputation through the development and execution of the Corporate Responsibility communications strategy.
- Provides support, guidance and Best Practices to internal teams.
- Helps develop, enhance and manage MetLife’s reputation by creating media opportunities through Corporate Responsibility activities.
- Partners to manage emerging issues related to Corporate Responsibility.
- Manage Corporate Responsibility issues for MetLife.
- Develop strategic plan for MetLife corporate responsibility reporting activity.
- Coordinate across functions to develop reports.
- Assess readiness and ability to undertake Global Reporting Initiative report.
- Work internally across groups to identify existing activity related to corporate responsibility and establish a more cohesive strategy to combine efforts.
- Establish a network / group within MetLife to address corporate responsibility issues
- Ensure Corporate Responsibility “story” is effectively developed, managed and shared globally
- Oversee Reporting, Corporate Responsibility surveys
- Work closely with the MetLife Foundation to coordinate messaging and dissemination of information.
- “Package” information and achievements from the MetLife Foundation to help tell an external story about the efforts.
- Develop strategic communications plan for MetLife Foundation work and support communications efforts
- Work with groups and functions internally to identify which “Best Practice” surveys the company should partner on.
- Manage NGO/Activist issues
- communications on Corporate Resp
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience on corporate responsibility issues and 2 – 3 years in
- Prior experience with production of corporate responsibility reports.
- Experience managing corporate, third-party surveys related to social responsibility.
- Familiarity and experience with Global Reporting Initiative.
- Ability to work well across de-centralized functions to obtain data and information for incorporation into responsibility reporting.
- Prior experience managing NGO and Advocacy Group relationships.
- Strong experience managing external agencies.
- Proven ability overseeing the development of toolkits, talking points and other materials intended for internal dissemination.
- Familiarity or direct experience in communications functions or managing onsibility issues.
Global Brand, Marketing & Communication
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
MetLife - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
The breadth of careers at MetLife offers unlimited possibilities for your professional life. More than life insurance. Much more. MetLife is...