Requirements - Corp/Field Mgmt
Reporting to our Loss Prevention Operations and Supply Chain Director, Corporate Safety and Environmental Manager would implement, communicate and administer Company-wide programs to promote safe work practices, reduce injuries and comply with various governmental regulations.
Core Competencies & Accomplishments:
- Implements and oversees Company injury prevention, food safety and other programs to comply with safety-related regulations, such as those promulgated by OSHA, FDA, DOT and the FAA.
- Coordinates with various Departments, Divisions, and Entities to identify, address, and communicate mutual goals and concerns regarding injury prevention and regulatory compliance.
- Ensures the development and implementation of hazardous materials programs for the Company in compliance with FAA and DOT regulations, HAZWOPER certification a plus.
- Uses internal and external resources to develop and provide safety and compliance awareness and training programs.
- Works with internal partners and outside consultants as necessary to address government agency inspections, complaints, and new regulations.
- Monitors the budget provided by Risk Management for the development and implementation of safety and compliance programs.
- Implements various programs to monitor compliance with Company requirements and applicable regulations pertaining to employee and public safety.
- Partners with LP Operations & Supply Chain Director regarding safety and compliance issues and concerns.
- Also partners with Risk Management to identify loss trends, communicate issues and secure funding for selected programs.
- Ability to work with Retail Operations to implement programs, provide training and communicate concerns.
- 8 -10 years' experience in safety and health; OSHA, DOT requirements, FDA, Food Safety compliance and HAZWOPER.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external parties.
- Self-motivated, excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, high attention to detail, and has the ability to work in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from nationally recognized institution is preferred with expertise in safety and compliance or equivalent work experience.
- 25% travel is required.
J. C. Penney - 2 years ago