SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for, among other things, maintaining corporate general ledger, adhering to internal controls and processes in a SOX environment for a public reporting company, month-end close, reconciling all applicable accounts, account analyses and analytic review, inter-company consolidation, accounting for foreign currency translation and transactions, working in close coordination with auditors, preparing various schedules supporting quarterly 10-Qs and annual 10-K, maintaining fixed assets, and assist others within the finance/accounting team. Position has a good degree of visibility in accounting team for increasing level responsibilities.
Day to Day / Weekly Accountabilities include:
- Maintain and update the general ledger account report structure.
- Oversee inter-company consolidation process with domestic and international operations.
- Maintain fixed asset information.
- Set-up capital expenditure records, monitor expenses, and inform managers of any concerns that may arise.
- Weekly treasury reporting, including cash and foreign currencies.
Quarterly and Annual Accountabilities
- Perform month-end close – prepare, record and organize journal entries.
- Reconcile and analyze all balance sheet accounts monthly, including all domestic bank accounts.
- Prepare detailed analytical review of balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Special projects from time to time
- Support the preparation of monthly and annual tax reports, including sales, use tax returns, property and 1099s.
- Provide support for external audits.
- Provide support for internal SOX control audits.
- Coordinate quarterly report packages to prepare consolidated schedules, including debt, commitments, fair value of financial instruments, operating and capital leases.
- Assist in quarterly reporting for creditors.
- Provide increasing assistance in preparing and/or reviewing various SEC reports, XBRL tagging, and supporting schedules.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work as a team player
- Proficiently multi-task and prioritize time sensitive and critical deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, General Ledger
- B.S. in Accounting or Business
- Minimum of 2 years accounting experience
Measurement Specialties - 18 months ago