THE MANAGEMENT TRUST
POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant, Tustin, CA
REPORTS TO: GL/Finance Manager - Salaried / Exempt
SALARY: $35K - $45K DOE + Employee Stock Ownership
The Management Trust, www.managementtrust.com, believes building a community takes more than just hammers and nails. It begins with the promise of integrity, trust, experience, and support. Our success is based on the belief that effective management anticipates our clients’ needs, not merely reacts to them. We are a company of creative and committed individuals driven by grand aspirations and are proud to be the only 100% employee owned community management firm in the nation. We strive to create an environment that allows every Employee Owner the freedom to be their true and best self, the freedom to grow professionally, and personally, and the freedom to prosper emotionally, intellectually, and financially. However, with freedom comes great responsibility. We have made a significant investment in our training, equipment, and culture. By inviting our Employee Owners to become equity partners, we expect a lot in return ~ your active participation in growing our business. It is in this spirit that we encourage you to explore our Ownership Opportunities and how your unique gifts and talents will be cultivated and allowed to flourish. We currently serve six states (AZ, CA, CO, NV, OR, WA) and are rapidly growing.
EMPLOYEE OWNER PURPOSE:
The Staff Accountant will provide high level of support and service to all divisions across the western United States. The position will be responsible for General Ledger and Financial Reporting functions, including but not limited to month-end close, journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and financial statement production. This position is a critical and integrated member of the Corporate Accounting team. The successful candidate will have previous related accounting experience, such as general ledger, financial systems, financial report generation, balance sheet reconciliations and journal entry processing.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the monthly financial close, including journal entry processing and general ledger account activity review to ensure financial statement accuracy and adherence to accounting policies as required.
- Produce monthly financial statements and other internal and external reports as necessary.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations; apply technical knowledge and judgment to ensure accuracy of accounts and timely resolution of reconciling items as required.
- Demonstrate understanding of internal controls and segregation of duties required to drive implementation of best practices.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires 2 years of related accounting experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrate and model company values with internal and external customers.
- High level of interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage timelines and deliverables.
- Strong customer service expertise.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to be flexible and work in dynamic, fast-paced environment managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively work with employees at all levels in the organization and across all functions.
The Management Trust - 12 months ago