UPMC Corporate Services is hiring a full-time Corporate Supervisor, Revenue Cycle SA to help support the Patient Business Services Department for its South Side location. The main focus of the Supervisor, System Analyst is to direct the day-to-day operations of their functional areas. They must be a highly motivated leader. The individual must be results-oriented and effectively manage the staff and the systems to access, identify, report and resolve the system business issues/needs. The incumbent must be able to function in a high-pressure environment and effectively lead the staff through issues /problems. The incumbent must be extremely dependable, professional, have strong interpersonal skills, be an excellent communicator, maintain the ability to prioritize the workload, and constantly develop the staff. The supervisor must also be able to minimize the risk to UPMC and constantly be working towards process improvements to minimize problems. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities according to the philosophy and standards of UPMC, embracing the system-wide core competencies. Adhere to the UPMC and Revenue Cycle Standards of Conduct.
- Refrain from disclosing or revealing confidential information to any person and do not access patient or coworker records (either electronic or files) except as specifically necessary to perform job duties.
Document appropriate account activity in system(s).
- Attend all mandatory training as defined in UPMC and Revenue Cycle Policies and Procedures manuals.
- Value and respect diversity in the work-force and among patients/families and customers.
- Demonstrate high standards, honesty, fairness, and loyalty throughout all levels of the organization.
- Manage the assigned book of business and ensure that goals are achieved. Plan and organize resources (e.g., people, equipment, and supplies) to meet unit goals.
- Keep abreast of all healthcare changes and third-party payer regulations.
- Develop and implement controls in assigned functional areas. Develop a consistent process for review of their functional areas and establish aggressive, but realistic, standards and expectations.
- Maintain open, ongoing communication with other departments, payers, vendors, etc. to promote a positive customer service environment.
- Bachelor's degree, with a major in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration;
OR a high school graduate/equivalent with two to three years of business office experience, and/or additional advanced education, is required.
- Experience with third-party payer guidelines and reimbursement practices are preferred.
- This position requires organization and time management skills.
- The incumbent must develop and manage relationships with colleagues in a professional, independent manner.
- The position requires the ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to all assignments.
- Must possess analytical problem solving skills as well as the ability to coordinate the work of others and communicate effectively with all levels of management.
- Proficient in utilization of Microsoft software products.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Must display leadership skills.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
At UPMC, we're all here for the same reason-- to provide outstanding care. From nursing to finance, pharmacy to software development, each...