SunGard is one of the world’s leading software and technology services companies. SunGard has more than 17,000 employees and serves approximately 25,000 customers in more than 70 countries. SunGard provides software and processing solutions for financial services, education and the public sector. SunGard also provides disaster recovery services, managed IT services, information availability consulting services and business continuity management software. With annual revenue of about $4.5 billion, SunGard is the largest privately held software and services company and is ranked 480 on the Fortune 500.
Sample projects and tasks previous interns have completed to support SunGard’s US and International tax teams are as follows:
• Verify that all copies of State Tax returns are final.
• Assisted with the preparation of certain M-1s for the federal tax return.
• Assisted with gathering information for the Company’s R&D credit and Section 199 studies.
• Gather online copies of all documents needed to support carve out financial statements.
• Review international tax packages and gather support for the “other” items for the provision process.
• Organize SunGard Inter-company agreements.
• Transfer BNA soft reports to the BNA company folders on shared network.
• Validate and bind fix asset reports in their respective company binder.
• Assist in special projects as requested.
• Participate in monthly staff and other meetings as directed.
• Assist in the maintenance of the Tax Library, including off –site storage and retrieval requests.
• Currently a college student whose focus is accounting and finance. Former experience within accounting or finance a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Excel, MS Word and Outlook.
• Excellent keyboarding skills
• Motivated, self-starter, able to work in a team environment.
• Good analytical and time management skills.
• Flexible and able to multi-task.
SunGard - 19 months ago