The general purpose of this job is to assist the OD Director in servicing various corporate departments to develop the skills and abilities of their employees by identifying and delivering learning programs and other performance solutions that support the overall success of our business. This job may also involve implementing select change management programs in support of continuously improving business results. This job will ensure all training, performance, and change efforts align with and support our business strategies and deliver a return on the training investment.
Most of the activities will be to assist the OD director with projects and requests by the corporate clients this role supports.
Sargento Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Support Sargento's corporate areas including Accounting, Sales, Marketing, and Innovation with their learning and development needs
- Deliver training programs to a variety of employees: individual contributors, supervisory, and management levels
- Assist in supporting targeted change management projects that are part of our internal business partners' objectives
- Assist client departments to develop training and development strategies that align with corporate needs
- Coach managers and supervisors on reinforcing training and performance management activities
- Assist in selecting and/or designing online training to support training initiatives and help end-users navigate the system
- Stay current with profession through reading related journals, books, participating in webinars, networking, and continuous career learning
- Work all shifts when necessary, although it is primarily a first shift position
- Research information related to employee development and performance management projects and issues
- Assist in qualifying, selecting, and working with outside vendors and consultants
- Assist with projects by applying knowledge of performance management theories, best practices to business challenges
- Assist with input on the training budget
- Write clear and accurate training proposals, objectives, and program materials
- Learn to use Sargento's ERP systems (SAP), Training Tracking, SumTotal, SuccessFactors, and Documentum management systems as a backup to the administrator
- Create training and other presentations with PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel, and Articulate software programs
- Take responsibility for the quality, quantity, and timeliness of all work performed
- Travel occasionally to out-of-state plants (approximately 20% travel)
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university required.
Three years related experience in training required .
Valid Drivers License required
- Strong organizational skills
- Some existing knowledge and experience in best practices in training analysis, design, delivery, and evaluation
- Existing knowledge in adult learning theories and practical application
- Certification in proprietary training systems desired; DDI and/or Social Styles are preferred; others may be acceptable
- Knowledge and experience in change management best practices and successful applications
- Posses strong consulting skills to work on learning and development projects with internal customers
- Track record of creating and maintaining good strategic relationships with people at all organizational levels from senior managers to frontline production employees
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in consulting with managers on employee performance and engagement challenges
- Experience in assisting departments with implementing performance solutions to support their overall objectives
- Strong facilitation skills for meetings and training activities
- Ability to coach supervisors and team leaders on interpersonal and supervisory matters
- Knowledge and experience with online learning design and technical systems
- Experience in instructional design and general training program design
- Excellent project management skills
- Solid computer skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong stand-up training delivery skills to present training programs
- A solid track record of following-through on all assignments to their best conclusions with appropriate direction
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of customer satisfaction with internal customers
- Strong interpersonal skills
Certifications in proprietary training systems desired.
DDI and/or Social Styles preferred.
Sargento Foods - 18 months ago