Corporate Travel Counselor (Work at Home)-13007773
Choose a career at American Express and you choose a company with a 150 year history of integrity and a demonstrated commitment to the future of its employees. Known around the world as one of the most successful financial services businesses, a leading consumer brand, a gold standard in customer satisfaction and one of the best places to work - American Express is interested in getting to know you.
As a Travel Counselor you will be responsible for the timely and accurate servicing of American Express Business Travel arrangements for corporate clients. Duties include: provide business travel services for air/rail transportation, hotels and auto rentals; consult client on efficient routes, lowest available fares, exchange rates, travel products/services; ensure optimum customer service through effective use of Sabre or Apollo reservation system and positive telephone service techniques; act on special customer requests and maintain excellent client relations.
Minimum 1+ year(s) corporate travel experience; current corporate travel experience is highly preferred.
* Working knowledge of the Sabre or Apollo GDS is a must, TravelSuite or RezOnePlus (ROP) knowledge is highly preferred.
*Domestic and international destination knowledge required.
* Exceptional customer servicing skills coupled with an orientation for quality are a must.
* Enjoy variety and relationship building with customers and team.
* Ability to engage yourself in a dynamic environment.
* Excellent written communication skills.
* Automation/technology skills, including proficiency using multiple computer applications simultaneously (including the internet, phones, and web fare engines).
* Strong telephone techniques and outstanding “vocal” communication skills (i.e. Smile in your voice, conveying empathy, “yes” we can do that).
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment, while maintaining professionalism.
* Strong consultative selling skills, decisive and successful problem solving abilities
Due to the business needs, this position requires flexibility to work M-F between 7am-8pm Central Time (CT).
- Dedicated work space must be within own residence and that follows the ergonomic and safety guidelines for performing travel counselor duties
- Axcess@Home Agent is responsible for supplying their own furniture; desk with lockable drawer or separate lockable file cabinet, chair, document shredder, smoke detector in proximity of work area, and fire extinguisher
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete Flexible Work Arrangement Application and Agreement
- Axcess@Home Agent must complete and meet the requirements of the Work Environment and Safety Assessment
- High speed internet capability with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISP’s are permitted)
- Dedicated and separate analog landline phone for training and production calls (no VOIP – voice over internet protocol)
Primary Location: United States
Each day, American Express makes it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for...