the intersection of traditional cable video and IP engineering, this innovative video engineer will help develop the next generation of entertainment technologies for delivery to our customers. The focus will center around the end user equipment, and its control and functionality. Technically inclined engineers that prefer to make computers work for you and would like to influence the design of the video experiences of the future should apply. If you have ever looked at the diagnostic page on your cable box, streamed video from one computer in your house to another, or built yourself a web-app to manage your home automation system, you have already worked with some of the basic tools we are building upon. This is a dynamic and fast paced environment where you will not get bored. Suddenlink maintains a strong positive relationship with equipment and software vendors around the world and works closely with them to develop strategies for improvements. As part of the team, you would work with these vendors to implement things like DSG, ETV, EBIF, VOD, DTAs, Streaming IP video, and the next generation of services you help develop.
• Strong knowledge in MPEG-2/4 transport/video/audio layers, DVB, ATSC, SCTE standards, IP networking and protocols, fault tolerance and redundancy, and cable headend interactive networks. Detailed understanding of their transmission and monitoring standards.
• Subject matter expert of video networks, including design, deployment and troubleshooting for Motorola and Scientific Atlantic addressability systems.
• Partner with DAC/DNCS operators to maintain standards and minimize customer impact. (Controller Upgrades, VOD, SDV, OCAP, DCAS, DSG).
• Manage projects to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost and quality while maintaining a positive environment that promotes individual and collaborative development with high performance standards.
• Demonstrated experience in product development, analysis and implementation in an HFC environment.
• Mastery of CATV industry related hardware/software (Motorola, DAC, RPD, OM, NC-1500), IRTs and Satellite receiver functionality, MPEG grooming plans, Scientific Atlantic (DNCS, TED, BFS, QPSK), DOCSIS, VOD Systems (NCUBE/Arris, Seachange).
• Proficient in Sun, UNIX, Windows and Linux server environments.
• Extremely literate in Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint, Project.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Information Systems or related field experience is preferred. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Suddenlink - 12 months ago
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...