Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2011-2012 school year, 23 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 40,000 students from across the U.S. The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Connections Learning is an online learning provider that delivers a full range of quality, affordable, and turnkey online learning solutions to institutions and individuals. Bringing personalized and flexible learning to students everywhere, Connections Learning products combine a proven curriculum, the latest instructional tools, certified teachers skilled in online instruction, and state-of-the-art technology. Feature products include: online courses; online summer school; homebound student solutions; credit recovery; the Connexus™ digital learning platform; 21st Century Skills courses; a STEM package; online speech therapy; blended/hybrid programs; and virtual private and public school programs. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Learning is a division of Connections Education LLC. For more information, call 888-440-2890 or visit www.ConnectionsLearning.com.
Working from their home office, the Director of Business Development is responsible for assisting the President and Executive Vice President (EVP) of Connections Learning in evaluating, developing and launching new programs, partnerships and schools. Under the direction of the President of Connections Learning, the Director will take the lead on international opportunities as well as play a key role in any potential acquisitions or joint ventures. This individual will work closely with the EVP of Connections Learning transitioning our blended schools (Nexus Academies) through their development/planning year into full operation. The Connections Learning Director of Business Development will report to the President of Connections Learning.
- Oversee new school launch process (e.g. manage relationship with authorizer, facilities design and selection, staffing, board/partner relationship development, supporting the research of enrollment and regulatory requirements);
- Assist in the development of school budgets and organizational development and act as the primary liaison with the Finance Department;
- Develop, in conjunction with school leaders, new operational protocols, procedures, and services to support the school goals;
- Contribute to the development and refinement of Connections Learning’s vision and strategy;
- Liaise with other executive management on the implementation of the company’s strategic and operational plans;
- Develop, review, and report on the company’s international business development strategy, ensuring the strategic objectives are well understood and executed;
- Impact the profitability of the company through ensuring strategic and tactical management decisions and new business development results;
- Research and develop competitor and market analysis related to specific areas of growth;
- Support the business development team in sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities;
- Ensure efficient and effective marketing, advertising and promotional planning through the Connections Learning Marketing Department for new ventures; and
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in education or business
- At least five (5) years of relevant business experience
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Strong analytical skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Commitment to the highest ethical conduct and professional integrity
- Entrepreneurial spirit and understanding of the pace and expectations in a start-up environment
- Facility with technology, data analysis and data-driven planning, decision-making and instruction
- Extreme flexibility to accommodate multiple priorities and a strong work ethic to accommodate a high level of responsibility (project and time management skills)
- Commitment to continuing personal development and professional growth
Connections Academy - 9 months ago
There's nothing fishy about information from Pearson, home of salmon-colored newspaper The Financial Times. The media giant operates th...