Corporate Communication Director
Border States has a terrific opportunity for an individual looking for employment in Fargo, North Dakota.
- Responsible for development and implementation of companywide communication strategy for internal and external audiences according to the company mission, culture and service philosophy, which meet the goals and objectives set forth by the Board, Senior Leadership Team and Executive Council.
- Translate directions from the company’s strategic plan and the CEO into a program of corporate communication, objectives, priorities and detailed activities outlined in a companywide communication plan.
- Coordinate, develop and edit special publications or communication including, but not limited to, video content, employee newsletter content, press releases, brochure content, promotional materials content, speeches or talking points, presentations and other information for internal and external distribution. Work with subject matter experts within the company to develop effective messages. Be vigilant about checking facts, data and sources. Work closely with Marketing Communications to develop content and deliverables for corporate communication.
- Identify communication gaps and work with employee-owners, departments or locations to develop communication to close the gaps.
- Drive intranet communication strategy to assure effective communication.
- Contribute to media relations effort by developing story concepts, developing talking points for executives and writing news releases. Serve as information liaison between the company and external media. Approve all media requests.
- Provide communication expertise, guidance, assistance and training to the Executive Council members and others as deemed appropriate.
- Research, coordinate and review content for award applications or other corporate recognition.
- Provide leadership and coordination of the company’s emergency notification system procedures related to communication. Communicate all official statements, announcements and interviews related to company emergencies.
- Provide company social media communication oversight and help to implement strategies.
- Utilize social media including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and blogs as appropriate for corporate communication.
- Manage internal corporate communication budget.
- Lead coordination and budget of key corporate events such as quarterly employee-owners meetings, length of service events, retiree reunions and companywide leadership meetings.
- Coordinate corporate community relations efforts and attend community events representing the company as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or designate.
Border States has a competitive benefit package including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. To apply, fill out our application form.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, English, marketing, journalism or a related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of corporate communication experience with ability to think strategically, manage uncertainty, translate executive requirements into manageable communication goals, and work with and represent senior management.
- Strong program management, writing and editing, written and verbal communication, problem solving, and organizational skills preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent grammar, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, along with ability to meet aggressive deadlines by setting priorities, preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, desktop publishing and social media preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills include being courteous, responsive, accurate and competent.
Border States Electric - 18 months ago
American Civil Liberties Union
- 1 day ago
- 26 days ago
Food Service Director
Aviands Food & Services Management
Aviands Food & Services Management
- 12 days ago
Border States is a 100 percent employee-owned company with headquarters in Fargo, North Dakota, and an extensive network of branch locations...