Fitch is seeking an Analyst to provide support for senior Analysts in the Corporates team in New York. This individual will mainly cover the U.S. Technology sector but will also get some exposure to other sectors as well. Foremost, we are looking for a detail oriented individual who can swiftly demonstrate and develop corporate financial statement analysis and financial modeling skills. The individual will also demonstrate an understanding of and keen interest in rapidly expanding their knowledge of the specific sector they cover and of the credit markets in general. We seek an individual who desires to pursue a career analyzing companies in the debt capital markets and who has the capacity to eventually interact confidently with senior managers at rated companies and investors. Qualitative credentials such as enthusiasm, energy, interpersonal skills, passion for learning and leadership will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. Self-starters with a team mind-set; strong focus on results; a highly organized, productivity-based work ethic; and a sense of humor will thrive in this opportunity.
The individual who is successful in this role will efficiently and accurately complete the entry level aspects of this job (which represent more than 80% of the responsibilities). While a considerable amount of the work is considered entry-level in nature, there will be an opportunity for accelerating responsibility over time as the candidate demonstrates capacity for an enhanced role. We expect this individual will be able to automate, systemize and develop efficiencies in the more entry level aspects of the job in order to free-up capacity for more substantial projects that could be assigned. This individual will support lead analysts on projects related to conducting, authoring and publishing research on companies under coverage, on industry analysis and on important themes related to corporate credit.
Primary duties include:
* Corporate financial statement analysis,
* Developing and maintaining comprehensive financial models,
* Performing analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors influencing corporate and industry credit quality,
* Involvement in communicating with external audiences (primarily institutional investors, sell-side analysts and media) through press releases and written research reports.
* Bachelor’s degree
* Must possess financial statement analysis or otherwise relevant experience (or have completed comprehensive investment banking training)
* Proficiency in Excel and Word
* A strong foundation of analytical skills
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and fluidly shift between them as priorities change.
* Solid written and verbal communication skills
* Self-motivation and enthusiasm for synthesizing complex information and concepts into straightforward, concise and insightful analysis.
* The successful individual will perform a significant amount of reading on the sector, the companies in the portfolio, corporate credit and Fitch procedures in order to initially accelerate the ascent up the learning curve.
* Effort toward or interest in pursuing a CFA designation is a must.
Fitch Ratings complies with federal, state, and local laws governing employment, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
Because governments can have lousy credit, too, Fitch Ratings issues ratings for some 17,000 banks, financial institutions, insurance...