Responsible for assisting case managers in planning, coordinating, developing and implementing a professional individual and group counseling program for assigned inmates in compliance with Management & Training Corporation (MTC) and Federal Bureau of Prison (FBOP) directives.
1. Review detailed background file, assist case managers with conducting personal interview and test as necessary to analyze and recommend a program for each inmate.
2. Initiate and maintain individual personal social development (PSD) folder on each assigned inmate.
3. Provide direct aid and counseling to inmates with personal needs or problems, i.e., sickness, injury, family problems, etc.
4. Provide continuous educational, vocational, personal and social adjustment counseling on an individual and group basis. Recommend necessary program modifications throughout each assigned inmates stay.
5. Assist in the evaluation of facility services for inmates and recommend modifications for improvement.
6. Operate data processing equipment.
7. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
8. Maintain accountability of inmates and property; adhere to safety practices.
High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years related experience required. Computer knowledge required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. United States citizenship required. Valid driver's license in the State of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Management & Training Corporation - 2 years ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...