Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company and is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities.
In line for a career? MTC's Kyle Correctional Center is a diverse workforce in Kyle, Texas. We are looking for career minded individuals. MTC offers a great benefit package. Our staff has a "BIONIC" Believe It Or Not We Care attitude. We are an in-prison therapeutic community and parole modification facility certified in ACA, CEA, and Success for Life. Our facility also has a cell dog program. Get on board start your career today with Kyle Correctional Center!
MTC offers a competitive wage and comprehensive employee benefits package. For more information please visit www.mtctrains.com .
This position is responsible for the custody and discipline of offenders in the facility in compliance with MTC and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives. Among other duties, this position will:
- Search for contraband and provide facility security.
- Count, feed, and supervise offenders in housing, work, and other areas.
- Maintain the secure custody and security of offenders including observation of offenders which includes long periods of sitting and standing. Perform specific security functions including physical searches.
- Transfer and transport offenders by walking or riding in vehicles. Retrain and secure assaultive offenders as needed.
- Prepare and maintain record, forms and reports.
- Promote the development of positive social skill through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed
High school diploma or equivalent. Must be at least 18 years of age. Valid driver's license in the State of Texas with an acceptable driving record required unless waived by management.
Post Hire - Continued employment is contingent upon passing exams and skills tests in the TDCJ Correctional Officer service Training academy and/or college Correctional Officer Training program. Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirement to include physical agility testing and pass an annual background check which must be approved by TDCJ.
MTC is an equal opportunity employer.
Management & Training Corporation - 20 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...