Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company and is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities.
Billy Moore Correctional Center (BMCC) is located in Overton, Texas, 16 miles northwest of Henderson, in Rusk County. BMCC, operated by MTC, is a 500-bed, all male facility, housing Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) offenders. The facility provides rehabilitative services to offenders.
MTC offers a competitive wage and comprehensive employee benefits package. For more information please visit www.mtctrains.com .
This position is responsible for the custody and discipline of offenders in the facility, in compliance with MTC and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives. Among other duties, this position will:
- Search for contraband and provide facility security.
- Count, feed, and supervise offenders in housing, work and other areas. Maintain the secure custody and security of offenders. Perform specific security functions including physical searches.
- Transfer and transport offenders by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive offenders, as needed.
- Prepare and maintain records, forms, and reports.
- Comply with policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent. Continued employment is contingent upon passing exams and skill tests in the TDCJ Correctional Officer Pre-service Training Academy. Valid driver's license in the state of Texas with an acceptable driving record required, unless waived by management.
Post Hire - Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
MTC is an equal opportunity employer.
Management & Training Corporation - 20 months ago
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...