Management & Training Corporation (MTC) is a privately-held company that successfully operates Job Corps, corrections, medical, and international and domestic workforce development contracts. MTC has been serving disadvantaged populations for 30 years and employs nearly 10,000 workers. MTC is a rapidly-growing, innovative and competitive company and is now the third largest operator of private adult correctional facilities. If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding career in corrections, apply with MTC today.
Gadsden Correctional Facility (GCF) is located in Quincy, FL, 16. GCF, operated by MTC, has 5 open bay housing units and a maximum occupancy of 1,544. This facility was the first private owned facility in Florida to house state inmates under contract with the Department of Corrections. It was established in 1995 to house female offenders.
MTC offers a great benefit package to employees which include the following:
• PTO, Sick, and Vacation
• BIONIC Wellness Program
• Dental Benefits
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Employee Discount Program
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Life & Disability Benefits
• Medical Benefits
For more information please visit www.mtctrains.com .
As a Correctional Officer, you will be responsible for the custody and discipline of offenders in the facility in compliance with MTC and Florida Department of Corrections directives.
Among other duties, this position will:
- Search for contraband and provide security.
- Count, feed and supervise offenders in housing, work and other areas.
- Provide custody and security of offenders including observation of offenders, which includes long periods of sitting and standing.
- Perform security functions including physical searches
- Transfer and transport offenders by walking or riding in vehicles. Restrain and secure assaultive offenders as needed.
- Prepare and maintain records, forms and reports.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
- Maintain accountability of staff, offenders and property; adhere to safety practices
High School Diploma or equivalent and completion of the basic recruit training course for correctional officers required. Must possess a current Certificate of Completion for Correctional Officers meeting the certification standards as established by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. Valid driver's license in the State of Florida with an acceptable driving record is required.
**WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER APPLICANTS WHO HOLD A CURRENT CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION FOR CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS**
MTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the American with Disabilities Act, must notify the Facilities’ HR Department (850-875-9701) in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...