Under general supervision, performs a variety of administrative duties related to the processing and disposition of inmate records. Participates in the booking and release of inmates; schedules court appearances; monitors security and processes visitors.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Job Functions : Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
· Monitors safety and security of the staff, inmates, visitors and facility; processes and monitors visitors; reports security violations.
· Participates in booking and identifying new inmates; verifies information on booking forms; obtains signatures; oversees telephone usage; obtains photographs; processes property and money for safekeeping; types information on standard forms and inputs data into computer system.
· Checks local and state warrants, and collects and distributes related paperwork.
· Monitors court calendars; schedules court appearances and enters data into computer system.
· Updates automated and manual inmate records and tracking systems.
· Receives and sends information to and from other agencies and jurisdictions.
· Observes and assesses the behavior of visitors and inmates from a control room; operates intercom and electronic door controls in routine and emergency conditions.
· Receives money and accounts for inmate trust accounts; processes bail bonds.
· Monitors and assigns inmates on work alternative program; checks for compliance to performance standards and agreements, reports noncompliance and violations.
· Utilizes a computer software system to input, access, retrieve, and input data.
· Operates county vehicle for errands, pickups, deliveries, and monitors and controls behavior of individuals assigned to work alternative programs.
· Performs a variety of general administrative duties.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· High School diploma or equivalent GED certificate.
· Two (2) years of experience involving public contact, or general clerical such as filing, record keeping, data entry and/or typing.
· Must pass a background investigation.
· Valid State of California driver's license is required.
Environmental Factors and Conditions/Physical Requirements:
· Work is performed in a smoke-free jail environment and correctional facilities, and requires shift work.
· Work involves intense concentration on activities going on around one’s location on a constant basis throughout the entire work shift.