Corrections Advisor I
- Assess, monitor and advise local corrections officers as they perform their duties.
- May enforce the rules and regulations governing a correctional facility. This includes the confinement, safety, health and protection of inmates as well as supervising the various work assignments of inmates.
- May also involve the selection, screening and training of local correction officer candidates. Such work seeks to reform and develop the local civil police and corrections systems, or to create a new system where none exists.
- Corrections Advisors will assess existing incarceration structures and facilities and make recommendations to senior government, prison/corrections/probation/parole and criminal justice officials to develop and/or strengthen structures, facilities and programs, with due regard for human rights.
- Assessments and recommendations may be in countries with records of gross violations of human rights.
Click here to apply to SAIC or Click here to apply to Tetra Tech
- Advisors must have graduated from federal or state-certified corrections, probation/parole academy of at least 120 hours in length.
- Current certifications in first aid, less-than-lethal systems, chemical agents.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
Integrated Justice Systems International - 8 months ago