Hours and shifts will vary. Must be available for all shifts including weekends and holidays.
OVERALL OBJECTIVE OF JOB:
To perform care, custody and control of inmates in the County Jail.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
1. Conducts booking procedures of newly committed detainees.
2. Maintains and secures inmates' personal property.
3. Maintains and documents accurate inmate headcounts.
4. Directs and monitors movement of inmates within the facility.
5. Conducts searches on incoming inmates and prepares them for incarceration.
6. Checks incoming mail, clothing and other items for contra band or other illegal items.
7. Documents and maintains daily log of Jail activities and/or incidents.
8. Observes inmate activities and observes any unusual behaviors or needs.
9. Searches all areas of Jail for contraband.
10. Issues clothing and housecleaning supplies.
11. Supervises work detail of inmates.
12. Interfaces with prisoners to determine their needs or problems.
13. Patrols cell block areas and housing units to ensure there are no fire hazards, suspicious occurrences and inmate living areas are suitable.
To do this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
High School diploma or equivalent, plus some training in typing, personal computers. First aid and CPR helpful. Must be able to successfully acquire a Certificate of Training from the PA Department of Corrections Basic Training Academy (4 weeks). Must have a valid PA Driver's License and successfully complete a driving record check.
County of Armstrong - 15 months ago