Primary Objective: This position executes the external, internal, and atmospheric corrosion control program for an assigned area of responsibility.
Major Functions and Scope:
· Perform day to day cathodic protection system inspections and maintenance including annual surveys, bi-monthly rectifier inspections, critical bond inspections, and maintain the appropriate records/documentation.
· Design, install, operate, and maintain cathodic protection facilities, galvanic anodes, rectifier remote monitoring system, and internal corrosion control facilities
· Direct and inspect new cathodic protection system installations.
· Represent Company in audits of corrosion control program
· Process Survey Data
· Inspect and tests facilities and equipment to identify existing and potential corrosion problems.
· Troubleshoot cathodic protection and coating systems.
· Maintain and audit corrosion databases and records to assure compliance with regulatory requirements.
· Identify and mitigate interference issues.
· Troubleshooting CP systems to locate/eliminate shorts to foreign structures.
· Ensure the integrity of the pipeline system through standard industry utilized corrosion prevention techniques.
· Ensure compliance with all company policies and/or procedures associated with pipeline integrity/corrosion control including O perator Q ualification requirements.
· Maintain compliance with all guidelines set forth by regulatory agencies that govern pipeline corrosion control related activities.
· Prepare inspection reports.
· Regular and predictable attendance.
· Maintain positive relationship with Company Personnel and Project Manager to accurately and effectively complete job responsibilities.
· Provide technical support services to the Operations and Engineering groups in the area of corrosion control and cathodic protection system design.
· Other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge: High School Diploma or equivalent. 2 yr. degree in Corrosion Technology a plus.
Experience: 4 years field experience.
Competencies: The technician will perform their responsibilities under basic supervision and is expected to have a competent knowledge of corrosion mechanisms and mitigation techniques. He or she must be adept at conducting detailed analysis of corrosion data and capable of resolving complex corrosion issues with minimal assistance.