The Corrugator Supervisor will promote and maintain the well-being, morale and efficiency of one crew for the Corrugator Department providing communication and leadership skills to applicable personnel. This position will be responsible for prioritizing the work of a team of machine operators and personnel to ensure the department maintains profitable operational efficiencies, promotes a safe and proactive work environment, and provides the training and development necessary for individual and collective success. This position will work under the direction of the Plant Superintendent and will be an integral member of the corrugator team operations. In addition, the person selected will collaborate with other departments to provide quality products via on-time delivery to bring value to internal and external customers.
- Ensure the well-being of self and all employees in the manufacturing facility and proactively address all safety concerns. Actively participate in the plant safety system.
- Ensure Environmental procedures / practices are being followed
- Coordinate and lead daily activities of the corrugator department in the areas of safety, quality and maintenance. This requires both a focus on leadership as well as the full utilization of information, procedures and methods to positively impact the materials, machines, the internal and external customers of the facility.
- Supervise employees in the everyday coordination, execution and planning of operational efforts. Enhance the knowledge and continuing education of the applicable personnel.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the plant management, supervisors, office and operational employees.
- Actively pursue measures to reduce downtime on plant equipment, identify opportunities and take measures to reduce waste. Work with maintenance staff to provide understanding of machine needs in the areas of maintenance and lubrication. Use KPI's to measure results and communicate performance.
- Responsible for overseeing the development of employees within department to increase competency, understanding and accountability for work performance. Lead training initiatives for designated employees.
- Quality liaison for crew
- Schedule and coordinate vacations and proper staffing levels of crew
- Maintain well-documented paperwork for machine and operator efficiencies, end of shift reports, disciplinary actions
Longview Fibre Paper and Packaging, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer.
- High School Diploma required.
- At least 2 years supervision experience in a container plant is required.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proven dependable and timely with assignments, tasks and responsibilities.
- History of excellent attendance is a must.
- Must be organized and show proven ability to reach planned goals and objectives.
- Prior management and leadership experience is desirable.
KapStone Paper and Packaging Corp. - 11 months ago