CorsiTech, a sister company of Champion Technologies, was formed January 1, 2011 when Special Products, a division of Champion Technologies, and Corsicana Technologies merged.
CorsiTech, with more than 130 talented, knowledgeable, and innovative people, is focused on delivering the performance and value our customer’s demand, while providing custom-designed products and technologies for markets that include: Oil & gas, asphalt additives, mining, lubrication, personal care, textiles, pigment dispersion, paints and coatings.
· Customer focus: Expect customer-intimacy, as we continue to partner with your Research & Development efforts to co-develop products and independently create new, creative, and forward-looking technologies.
· Technical expertise: Our technical expertise and product portfolio is even stronger, with more highly trained and experienced staff to predict problems and then design solutions to prevent them.
· Advanced supply chain: We have stronger manufacturing and defined service agreements with our partner organization, and our supply chain strategies will be tailored and optimized for the markets we serve.
· Rock-solid infrastructure: As a privately owned organization and part of the Permian Mud Service, Inc. family, we have the backing of a billion-dollar organization with the ability to leverage a global infrastructure.
The Capital Projects Specialist is responsible for the primary leadership role in planning and executing projects. He/She coordinates tasks of the WBS and negotiates the timeframe. Tracks milestones, deadlines and other schedule issues. Conducts status and coordination meetings. Order and tracks equipment delivery. Manages the contractors and coordinates with other departments such as maintenance and operations. Oversees and directs the day-to-day contractor activities to ensure proper construction procedures, safety procedures and policies are enforced. Responsible for bringing project to completion within schedule, budget and scope. Responsible for projects up to 15MM.
Summary of Job Duties:
- Oversight and execution of capital project work to guarantee that the installations are per engineering design and on-budget. Construction management and driving resolution on all contingency discoveries and PSSR items found during execution and commissioning.
- Monitoring and keeping project on schedule. Hold schedule meeting and coordinate with other departments. Work closely and communicate frequently with Production, Engineering and Maintenance to schedule and coordinate contractor work.
- Track and review capital project budget and spending. Writes and reviews change orders and communicate to contractors. Conduct baseline monthly financial analysis on project allocations versus actual spending.
- Coordinates with outside engineering firm through the bidding process, structure drawing submittals, and the approval of drawings.
- Provides weekly and monthly updates outlining the progress of the capital project.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (special skills, knowledge, ability, education, etc.):
- Associates degree, certificate in Project Management, Construction Site Management, Business Administration
- 6-8 years of experience in planning, scheduling, and supervising Capital Projects.
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to handle multiple on-going tasks or projects.
- It also requires excellent verbal/ written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- A strong customer focus is necessary to service the various stakeholders (manufacturing, engineering, etc).
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are important.
- Strong leadership ability is critical for success.
Champion Technologies produces specialty chemicals and provides services that help oil and gas companies with productivity. Among its...