Melles Griot designs and manufactures solid-state lasers, gas lasers and laser-based light engines for the most demanding custom/OEM applications. The Melles Griot Light Sources Group is headquartered in Carlsbad, CA with Sales offices across US, Europe and Asia.
SUMMARY: Performs professional cost accounting functions. Maintains and monitors cost and manufacturing accounting processes for all business unit locations. Is responsible for the timely and accurate collection and reporting of cost related financial information and cost variance analysis. Computes product costs and establishes cost standards. Provides accurate inventory valuation. Participates in inter-departmental projects as required to support business decisions and profitability improvement.
This job position requires compliance with ITAR Regulations. Therefore, all employees working in this capacity must meet citizenship status. Per the CVI Melles Griot Export Controls Policy and Procedure, the employee must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Participate in cycle count efforts and provide results and accuracy levels.
· Provide cost analyses to sales group for major customer quotes.
· Assure proper integration between manufacturing/logistics and Baan financials.
· Assure accuracy of cost standards through liaison with Materials & Documentation groups.
· Review and analyze Bills of Materials to properly reflect changes in product design, time studies, raw materials, and manufacturing methods.
· Recap on hand inventory balances.
· Compute cost of sales by product line on a month and year-to-date basis.
· Compute and recap various inventory transactions.
· Analyzes actual manufacturing cost and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
· Participate in annual standard labor and fixed/variable burden analyses.
· Control off-site inventory at Vendors/customers.
· Compute Inventory obsolescence, LCM, and RMA provisions.
· Assist in monthly closing cycle, to include general accounting activities.
· Compute and set new product cost standards, analyze and implement product yield factors.
· Participate in semi-annual physical inventory efforts.
· Provide ad hoc analyses as needed.
· If required, participate in physical inventory efforts.
· Provide any and all analysis on an as needed basis.
· Comply with health and safety policies and procedures.
· Support company values including ethical conduct and high integrity in all actions.
· Support companywide Lean and Continuous Improvement (Operational Excellence) efforts.
· Maintains accurate files.
· Attend various meeting.
· Prepares various balance sheet reconciliations
· Propose improvements to operation and working capital
· Participate in self-assessment of internal controls.
EDUCATION/TRAINING/WORK RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and eight years related experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
· Must have technical knowledge of cost accounting and electro/mechanical manufacturing concepts.
· Familiar with general accounting, FP&A, and SOX compliance concepts.
· Familiar with Baan or JD Edwards, helpful.
· Proficient with Microsoft software.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to conduct meetings.
· Must be able to work weekends and extended shifts to accommodate very tight period end financial reporting deadlines.
Melles Griot is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V and Drug Free Workplace
IDEX Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity.
Idex Corporation - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard
The big idea at IDEX is to dispense with inefficiencies and pump up profits. The company, operating through four segments, is a major...