This position will report to the Corporate Controller. Responsibilities include: defining and maintaining cost accounting system, meeting deadlines for processing information, answering questions and financial reporting requirements. The candidate must be very hands-on, detail oriented, and have strong organization and communication skills. The position requires application of principals of accounting, compiling information, preparing analysis and trend reports, and utilizing appropriate accounting control procedures.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all aspects of cost accounting process from start to finish
- Maintain and reconcile cost accounting ledger accounts
- Prepare cost accounting journal entries
- Prepare and analyze inventory valuations, cost of sales, and variances for internal review, management reporting purposes, and monthly financial close
- Investigate significant trends/variances for cost reduction regarding material, labor, and overhead
- Coordinate periodic process for setting standard costs
- Establish excess or obsolete inventory review process
- Coordinate and review inventory observations and cycle counts
- Recommend, coordinate and assist with the implementation, improvement and maintenance of internal control and financial systems
- Designs efficient processes to meet month end close schedule
- Assists with annual budgeting and long term projections relative to sales and cost of goods sold
- Prepare schedules and analysis for external auditors
- Assists the Corporate Controller in special projects and provides on-going support to the Finance & Accounting department
We seek an individual with a successful track record who must be comfortable with a start-up environment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or MBA preferred
- In-depth knowledge of US GAAP especially cost accounting
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- 7-9 years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently and in team environment, and have excellent judgment and problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, ERP, etc.), NetSuite experience, a plus
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and communication skills
- Must have the ability to interpret and present complex financial data to all levels of management in a clear and concise format
NOTE: Please apply via company website, at www.ariosadx.com
Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc., maker of the Harmony(TM) Prenatal Test, is a molecular diagnostics company committed to providing non-invasive, highly accurate and affordable prenatal tests for all pregnant women in an effort to promote and improve maternal and fetal health.
Led by an experienced team of medical doctors and scientists, the company has developed cutting-edge technology to perform a directed analysis of cell-free DNA in blood. The flagship product -- the Harmony Prenatal Test -- is a simple blood test that provides pregnant women with early, personalized and accurate information on the risk of their baby having a common genetic condition, such as Down syndrome. The Harmony Prenatal Test empowers women to achieve their individual reproductive goals and minimizes the need for expectant mothers to undergo unnecessary invasive procedures, such as amniocentesis.
The company began operations in 2010 and is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. For more information, visit www.ariosadx.com.