The Catalys System developed by OptiMedica is designed to bring precision to the critical steps in cataract surgery. We are looking for a Cost Accountant(Req #213) to join our fast growing company that has nearly doubled in size in 2012. The person in this role will support Operations and Production in inventory control management, product costing, and department spending to Plan and/or Forecast. In addition, this person will review inventory transactions for accuracy as well as run month-end inventory reports and record any differences to Great Plains (GP) trial balance.
Interested in applying or learning more, please contact email@example.com — please reference the requisition number and the job title.
- Planning, studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor
- Analyzing data collected and recording results
- Understanding changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
- Calculating actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services
- Maintaining Inventory and Manufacturing Modules of Great Plains
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program
- Supports FP&A in preparing cost of goods sold estimates for quarterly forecasts, annual plans and long range plans. Supports Operations departments in preparation of their quarterly and annual budgets
- Prepares monthly and quarterly gross margin analysis for management reporting (including various performance metrics, budget vs actual analysis and variance reporting)
- Requires 3-5 years Accounting experience
- Minimum of 2 years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Computer Literate – MS Office; familiarity with Great Plains
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), excellent grammar, spelling and proof reading skills and follow-up effectively with all staffing levels and clients/customers
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
OptiMedica - 22 months ago
OptiMedica Corporation is a medical device company dedicated to working with ophthalmologists to evolve standards of care which provide...