Primary responsibilities include: coordinate cost accounting and operations/logistics reporting processes; data processing with ERP systems; standard, average and job order costing; proper GAAP and statutory inventory valuation; transfer pricing, and managing special projects in related areas as required. This position reports to the corporate controller.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Work with Operations to plan, analyze, and communicate manufacturing results.
- Produce informative, detailed reports outlining efficiencies, production, and key financial information for management review;
- Assist in month end closing activities;
- Maintain internal controls and costing information related to production process
- Design and implement strategies, best practices and process improvements to ensure efficient control and reporting of operational results
- Implement and monitor standard work procedures for product cost tracking;
- Perform detailed reviews of all product lines;
- Setup and maintain Bill of Materials;
- Develop and implement a standard cost accounting system;
- Prepare Monthly Product Report on Gross Margins;
- Prepare product analyses as requested;
- Guide cost analysis process by implementing, refining, and reporting cost account processes that highlight operational opportunities and initiate projects that provide effective solutions;
- Coordinate and conduct cycle counts and annual physical counts; and
- Participates in annual budget and review process.
1) B.S. degree in accounting, CPA certificate a plus.
2) 5+ years experience in a cost accounting capacity is required. ERP system experience required
3) Multiple plant location experience a plus.