Purpose of Position
The cost clerk has the responsibility to monitor and record all information pertaining to the coffee department from the receipt of raw material to the shipping of finished products. The clerk is responsible for the maintenance of accurate inventories and for the entry of correct journal entries.
Position Responsibilities and Job Functions
- Observe and follow all company rules and regulations.
- Perform all job duties in full compliance with all Safety policies, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices and excellent housekeeping practices throughout the shift.
- Follow “if down do” practices.
- Work with team members to achieve and maintain Continuous Improvement.
- Actively participate in behavioral observations in the timeframe specified, as well as allowing yourself to be observed. Meet observation quota and quality.
- Record miscellaneous sales through requests for charge and credits.
- Evaluate and maintain standard material costs.
- Maintain correct formulas on a weekly basis.
- Review weekly cost reports and make adjustments to the cost-to-KAS journal entries as needed.
- Verify case sales input weekly.
- Prepare weekly and period variance reports for management and verify against cost sheets.
- Take an active part in semi-annual inventories of raw material and finished product.
- Responsible for maintaining necessary records according to company policy.
- Maintain accurate inventories.
- Process and file shippers/packing lists for outgoing loads along with other paperwork from receiving.
- Gather coffee blends inventory information from previous week and record on spreadsheets. Review coffee raw materials for price changes and update. Reconcile green coffee inventory with spreadsheets and with copies of pallet tickets. Distribute copies to production.
- Review reports:
- Verify pallet ticket quantity for green coffee against receiving paperwork and check receiving report to verify quantity received.
- Review accounts payable input. Notify of corrections that are necessary.
- Distribute invoices that need to be verified and approved or need a receiver number.
- Handle all freight invoices or any regular invoices.
- Input information into spreadsheets. Maintain databases.
- Separate and file cost reports in cost books. Review all reports and check error list. Run and check material variance and spoilage reports. .
- Prepare paperwork for payment of green coffee contracts and mail for payments. Record all payment information on coffee recaps for each PO. Record batch numbers on spreadsheet when paid. Handle bill backs to coffee vendors.
- Input new finished product and in-process production models in database. Check any changes made by the Lab. or Planning. Input new resource numbers into the cross-reference file and their cost into database.
- Balance in-process and finished product
- Research any problems for cost, freight or coffee..
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Will follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Will support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Will be accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- HS Diploma/GED Required plus 2 years cost accounting experience in MFG. setting
- Associates Degree in Accounting preferred.
- Occasionally lifting/carrying up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally climb ladders and stairs.
- Occasional bending, squatting or kneeling to perform various tasks.
- Occasional exposure to manufacturing and maintenance equipment.
Must be Detail Oriented and work with minimal Supervision.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Products of Excel, Outlook, Word.
Kroger - 10 months ago