Engineered to think.
In a world… where science fiction is constantly making promises that actual science can’t deliver. Where phone booths don’t teleport themselves, and zero calorie beer has yet to exist. One company had the courage to stand up and say, “Hey! Science! Where’s my jetpack?”
Hi. We're Anki.
When our Co-Founders Boris, Mark and Hanns met in the Ph.D program at Carnegie Mellon’s Robotics Institute, they didn’t dream about artificial intelligence that sends you speeding tickets in the mail, or shrink wraps shrink-wrap. They were united by a shared habit of saying “Hey, wouldn’t it be cool if...?” then actually making that cool thing happen.
Now, we know what you’re thinking: we’re just another all black-wearing, white cat-stroking bunch of weirdos designing laser-powered panini machines in an underground lair somewhere. Nope
. Anki is made up of non-crazy people building crazy-cool AI and robotics that are reinventing physical entertainment.
Sound crazy? Maybe. But crazy-in-a-good-way. Maybe that’s why Apple CEO Tim Cook introduced our first product, Anki Drive, in his keynote at WWDC this past June. And why top-tier VC’s including Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, and Two Sigma trust us with their money.
Anki is taking years of fancy research and incomprehensible 1’s and 0’s and turning them into exciting things that people actually want. Things they want real bad. Things they didn’t even think could exist.
Imagine impossible interactive experiences. Imagine video games in real life. Imagine jetpacks.
And we’re just getting started.
Excited? Us too. Visit the Anki website and find us on Facebook and YouTube to find out more about Anki - the future of consumer robotics and entertainment.
We are seeking someone with extensive Cost Accounting specific experience (this is critical) for this Managerial role. We are growing at an amazing rate and this role will play an integral part in accounting and the development of supply chain finance operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all cost accounting activities including month end close; journal entry, reconciliation, inventory flux analysis, variance analysis, margin analysis, inventory control and reporting
- Calculate, analyze and report warranty and sales return expense and reserves
- Track and monitor R&D inventory movement and capitalization
- Assist with ERP implementation
- Work with operations to ensure Bills of Materials (BOM) are accurate and up to date
- Cost accounting policies and process for existing and future products
- Develop, maintain and ensure ongoing compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Review all standard cost variance including purchase price variance
- Inventory reconciliation against purchases, shipments and returns
- Actively participate in internal and external audits
- Partner with operational teams to drive process improvement and cost reduction initiatives
- Assist with forecasting supply chain impact to financial statements
- Provide management reports and analysis
- Ad hoc analysis and tasks as needed
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Willing and able to work in a fast paced environment, perform well under pressure, juggle multiple priorities, meet aggressive deadlines and doing hands work on while understanding the big picture
- Able to drive new processes and take on additional responsibilities as necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA and/or MBA a plus
- 5-8 years cost accounting experience in a contract-manufacturing environment (retail and tech a plus)
- Highly technical with GAAP; IFRS a plus
- Strong interest in technology
- Tech savvy –Excel guru
- Tier 1 ERP experience
- Strong understanding of financial and operational controls
You may apply directly on Anki.com
- Competitive salaries, stock options and great benefits (health, subsidized public transportation costs, generous vacation)
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit – on wheels, on rails and on water
- Early stage start-up where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Free catered lunches, snacks and drinks
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!