Our client is a large global electronic manufacturer seeking a Cost Accounting Manager for their department due to organic growth. Looking for a hands-on professional for a fast paced, high volume area.
As the Cost Accounting Manager you will be responsible for all day-to-day activities of the cost accounting function for the entire global organization. In addition some of the primary responsibilities will include:
Plan, organize and direct all the activities of the cost accounting function Lead a Project Cost Team in the development of a standard costing system Manage the transition from the existing cost environment to a new standard cost system Development and maintenance of standard costs and BOMs Proactive analysis of variances and communication of issues and opportunities Develop metrics and tracking system for major cost drivers Define policies and procedures for all cost accounting and inventory activities Coordinate with IT department on system issues, maintenance and developments to improve the cost accounting function and timeliness of reporting Assist in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 implementation · Drive financial analysis and reporting for capital expenditures including analysis of ROIs.
- Working with the business, participate in on-going cycle counts, ensuring accuracy of inventory counts, analyzing results, book-to-physical reconciliations, investigating variances, and resolving issues through use of root-cause analysis.
- Review and approve general ledger accounts assigned to cost accounting.
- Monitor and reconcile inventory reserves: inventory shrink and obsolescence.
- Oversee budget and forecasting relating to cost accounting.
- Influence and guide all levels of employees including management.
- Dotted line responsibility for accounting work performed by other team members
- Provides assistance to other accounting groups both domestically and globally
Monster - 15 months ago