Responsibilities: Provide senior level input for the collection, compilation and interpretative analysis of financial information; prepare the annual facilities and administrative rate, prepare supporting work papers; collect financial information for the government F&A rate study and the university's internal costing study; enter data and run reports for F&A database (CRIS); interface with the Office of Sponsored Projects, Sponsored Projects Accounting, and various other university departments on F&A data collection and audit issues; assist management with various analysis and special projects.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration or related field.
- Experience: Five years experience in accounting or cost accounting; working knowledge of auditing principles, practices and procedures, FAR, CAS, GAAP & OMB Circulars governing cost principles and grants management.
- Skills: Ability to analyze and interpret financial data, organization skills, including ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, analytical reasoning and problem solving skills, understanding and following directions, excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate data in a clear, concise manner; diplomacy in dealing with auditors, ability to maintain accurate and detailed records; ability to understand and follow directions, as well as give directions to others, computer literacy, in particular exceptional skills in Excel, database software and accounting applications, understanding and relaying policies and procedures.
- Physical Mobility: Normal sedentary position with some mobility, i.e. able to walk to various campus locations
- Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting
- Mental: Ability to: work under extreme pressure, pay attention to detail, meet inflexible, often unrealistic deadlines, deal with difficult individuals while maintaining composure
- Other: Overtime is required during peak workload periods
- Education: Several years training or experience in fund accounting or government auditing, Master's Degree in Accounting or Business Administration (MBA)
- Licenses: CMA or CPA
- Experience: At least two years additional experience in university accounting, research administration, or cost accounting. Knowledge of Oracle financial accounting systems
Regular Full Time
Minimum Education Level
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
Preferred Education Level
Master's Degree or equivalent
35595 - 50000 US Dollars Annually
Carnegie Mellon University - 8 months ago
We are a global research university with more than 12,000 students, 92,000 alumni and 5,000 faculty and staff. Carnegie Mellon has been a...