UTC Climate, Controls & Security is the leading provider of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, building controls and automation, and fire and security solutions. UTC Climate, Controls & Security is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), a leading provider to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
The Pittsfield Plant Cost Analyst will provide financial analysis and support to the UTC CCS Pittsfield Plant. This position requires the candidate to work closely with the Plant Finance Mgr as well as the operations team to plan, deliver, and analyze various Supply Chain metrics (VCP/Deflation/Indirect Expenses / Headcount / Investment & Expense).
Bachelor ('9s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, or related discipline.
- Responsible for maintaining & enhancing an excellent financial/business compliance and controllership infrastructure and related policies and procedures in the above areas of work.
- Assist functional management in developing SI, SII, & OP plans related to Supply Chain metrics.
- Maintain accuracy of inventory accounting based on UTC GAPS.
- Work closely with the plant controller in ensuring smooth Financial & Tax reporting of all related business transactions, both for local and management set of books.
- Ensure full compliance to all Finance, Direct Taxes, Indirect Taxes and other regulatory requirements for the respective areas of work.
- Support Monthly Accounting Close - analyze and properly record input and output transactions, analyze and record variances from standard cost, develop and test the reasonableness of standard costs. Support analysis of VCP projects to ensure that they impact the costs hitting the ledger.
- Analysis of Material Deflation results, review progress and estimates with plant controller; identify opportunities and work with team to achieve results
- Adhoc analysis of base and variable costs; review progress with controller to analyze and explain variances, work with team to identify and implement cost reductions.
- Support Labor planning and analysis of absorption vs. estimates to ensure operational engagement.
- Controllership ('3 support preparation of account reconciliation; ensure lagging costs meet GAP requirements.
- Bullet Train - provide Bullet Train analysis for assigned accounts, identify opportunities, and drive results.
- Perform other special projects or ad hoc reporting as needed (i.e. make vs. buy analysis, Investment Return analysis, program payback, NPV, IRR, etc.).
- Minimum 1 years related finance experience
- Strong analytical skills to make timely and accurate recommendations for business decision-making.
- High Energy Level; results oriented.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Data driven and open mindset.
- Excellent PC skills required. (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- PFLP, College Graduate or CPA.
- Hands on experience in Baan/Oracle ERP environment & other systems, working knowledge on various accounting processes and related areas of compliance will be preferred.
- Green Belt certification.
United Technologies - 14 months ago