The Cost Analyst will work with the product costing system and complete other cost related projects. The Cost Analyst shows initiative and creativity while developing and implementing solutions to problems and improvements to the product costing system.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Work with the Product Cost Analysis (PCA) system.
- Help maintain and update the PCA system through gathering of standard cost information from Engineering department and/or the production facilities, verification of information and cost calculations, and documentation of steps taken.
- Monitor various cost components (raw material, labor, etc.) on an ongoing basis and update product costs as needed.
- On an ongoing basis, analyze the product costing methodology and identify and implement improvements to the accuracy of product costing.
- Work together with other personnel assigned to the PCA project.
- Investigate large variances between expected and actual costs.
- Investigate large variances between different production plants.
- Meet all product costing deadlines.
- Communicate to production personnel areas for potential cost reductions identified through the product costing process.
- Work on various special projects. May be involved in costing projects in departments other than Marketing Management.
- Help create a positive working environment.
- Act as an interface between departments (Mason Sales, Market Research, Production Planning, Engineering, Accounting, etc.) through meetings, telephone contact, and written correspondence.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, will consider candidates expecting to graduate within 8 months
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or General Business preferred
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate in a diplomatic yet assertive manner when necessary
- Solid business sense
- The ability to work alone effectively
- The ability to work effectively in groups
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Superior accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to show initiative and creativity in developing and implementing new ideas and solutions to problems
- Ability and willingness to continually document work and decisions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- A “team approach” regarding other Dart departments and employees. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to help others when needed
- Aptitude for and enjoyment of working with numbers
- Ability to complete a wide variety of tasks with little direction
- Prior cost accounting experience or course work a plus
To expedite consideration, we highly recommend that you BOTH upload your resume AND copy and paste the text when creating your candidate profile.
Dart Container - 2 years ago
Dart sets the industry standard of excellence by efﬁciently providing high quality foodservice packaging solutions and exceptionally...