GS5, LLC, a Northern Virginia based Limited Liability Company, provides a range of analytical, acquisition, and business management support services and products to Intelligence and Command and Control communities within the Department of Defense. Privately owned by the principle founders, the company leverages its domain expertise in intelligence analysis, program and business management methods and management tool development. GS5 provides a range of analytical, program and business management support services for the Joint Battle Command and Control and intelligence communities.
In 2008, GS5 was named Prime Contractor of the Year by the Small Business Administration, was also voted one of Virginia’s Top 100 Diversity Owned Small Businesses. In 2009 and 2010, GS5 was named to the Inc 500 list, as one of America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies and received honorable mention distinction on the Washingtonian Magazine’s Great Places to Work list.
GS5 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minimum Experience :
Job Duties :
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5+ years of acquisition and budget and/or financial management experience in a DOD environment.
- Must possess an active DOD SECRET security clearance.
Essential Duties of the Job :
- Provide support in the preparation of acquisition documentation as required by PM MC. This will include but is not limited to the following:
- Cost and economic analysis support in support of the acquisition process for PM MC products/programs.
- Prepare and update life cycle cost estimates for current (aforementioned) PM MC products/programs.
- Prepare cost documents in support of PM MC products/programs to include, but not limited to:
- Economic Analysis
- Smart Charts
- Milestone Decision Reviews
- Weapon System Reviews (WSR)
- Cost/Benefit Analyses (C/BA)
- Better Buying Power (BBP)
- APB preparation
- Cost support to higher headquarters in support of PM MC products/programs.
- Participate in PM MC directed cost studies and analyses.
- Develop recommendations and alternative courses of action for improving efficiencies or best practices in life cycle cost decisions.
- Leverage experience with the DoD acquisition and life-cycle management process and program development and sustainment, including DoD 5000 series, to generate and update Program Office Estimates (POE) and Life Cycle Cost Estimates (LCCE).
- Analyze Earned Value Management (EVM) across the PM to ensure baselines are established and monitored throughout the contract performance. The contractor shall monitor earned value management systems (EVMS) that have been recognized by the Government as complying with the criteria provided in DODI -5000.2, Operation of the Defense Acquisition System, and ANSI/EIA-748.
- Monitor and establish program Performance Measurement Baselines (PMB) integrating program work plans, schedule, and cost.
- Review cost performance reports and help facilitate Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs).
Physical Demands and Work Environment :
- Ability to communicate task requirement information to client in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, as well as lead and participate in meetings and working groups.
- Requires visual acuity to use a keyboard.
- Must be able to attend work each day, during scheduled hours, unless on travel or approved time off.
- Ability to work on computer for long periods, and communicate with individuals by telephone, email and face-to-face.
- While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- May be exposed to chemicals related to office equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (i.e. general office environment).
- 401 (K) w/ up to 4% Company Match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Basic & Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Annual Bonuses
- 10 Federal Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- Wellness Plan
- Corporate-Sponsored Events