Join the Industry Pioneer.
Launch an exciting career at Southern Air, the premier global air cargo service provider! We operate a fleet of B747-200F’s and are the only ACMI operator of B777F’s, providing a wide range of air cargo services for the World’s Flag Carriers, Charter Brokers, Shippers and Governments.
Great talent is the key to our success, and we strive to create an environment where employees are enabled to contribute to their full potential by leveraging their unique experiences, perspective, and viewpoints. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers, and providing our employees the experience of a lifetime… being part of a multi-cultural, global community which is shaping the future of our organization and touches the lives of people all over the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in the preparation of monthly operations reporting package, detailing key financial and operation metrics
• Responsible for maintenance related invoice coding
• Assist with cost analysis in operations general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
• Assisting in preparation of month-end expense accruals
• Assist in the implementation of improved cost control management practices and disciplines
• Interface directly with Maintenance Finance Lead, Corporate Accounting and the SVP of Tech Services
• Assist in the creation of the annual maintenance/operations budget
• Assist in budget variance explanations on a monthly basis and track key cost inputs
• Perform related duties as assigned which may not be specifically listed in the job description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level associated
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics
• Minimum of 3-4 years experience in accounting and finance
• Understanding of airline/aircraft economics (preferred)
• Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word), with ability to build and deliver presentations to senior management
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Creative and innovative ability to solve complex business problems.
• Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize among competing objectives
• Highest ethical standards
ONLY APPLICANTS FROM THE CINCINNATI, OHIO AREA WILL BE CONSIDERED. NO RELO OFFERED.
Southern Air is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
Southern Air - 9 months ago