• BS/BA in Accounting or related BS/BA degree with equivalent experience; MBA and/or CMA certification preferred
• 3+ years experience in a cost accounting role for a manufacturing company with a solid understanding (e.g. Margin analytics; Absorption; Job costing; Standard setting; Labor costing processes, etc.)
• Experience with systems, creating reports, and analyzing reports
• Strong analytical skills that can be used to understand data and arrive at meaningful conclusions
• Process improvement minded; prior experience with Lean is preferred.
• Aptitude with computer software, with emphasis on spreadsheet and database software. Experience with Cognos software and QAD a plus.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
• Works in a normal office environment with some exposure to the plant floor. Physical demands include oral, written, and presentation/communications skills. Ability to move throughout the plant and office areas. Alternates between sitting, standing, and moving within the work area. Must be able to manipulate typical office equipment used in performance of tasks.
• Limited business travel required.
Maintain accurate product costing and inventory valuations and provide margin, cost and variance analysis to assist management in business decisions.
1. Develop, maintain and refine standard material, labor and overhead costs.
2. Monitor and analyze manufacturing and purchasing variances to standard.
3. Analyze performance of business units, products, customers, and manufacturing operations.
4. Compile cost data for preparation of annual budgets, including estimates of standard costs for the following year.
5. Maintain the fixed asset register, ensuring depreciation, asset acquisitions, and asset dispositions are reported accurately.
6. Monitor and analyze variances to budget, forecast and prior year.
7. Monitor and maintain accurate inventory valuations.
8. Maintain excess and obsolete inventory reports and calculate appropriate reserves.
9. Prepare month-end journal entries and account reconciliations.
10. Prepare ad-hoc financial and business related analyses.
11. Analyze capital equipment requests.
12. Monitor and maintain procedures to assure accurate reporting of cycle count inventories and related reserves in accordance with GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, and corporate policy.
13. Assure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements, GAAP and Watts Accounting Policies and Practices.
Watts Water Technologies - 11 months ago