Position Summary: The Cost Analyst is responsible for the project management, optimal integration, and overall execution of strategic business planning procedures within all areas of the manufacturing environment concerning inventory and production cost planning projects of technical equipment.
Role Expectations: This position will be expected to participate in the planning and identifying of major cost components of production processes together with other functions serving as a base for cost studies and bid proposals. Additional tasks are as follows.
- Internal cost planning for process equipment and infrastructure requirements.
- Evaluation of the feasibility of new Manufacturing and Assembly concepts on a technical and cost-efficiency basis.
- Cost analysis of processes for new transmission models, variants and design changes.
- Development and implementation of tools and methods for cost planning, cost analysis and capacity planning.
- Planning, identifying and verification of cost and capacity impacts for future growth.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Communicate with and advises management, design and other staff in areas of manufacturing capabilities, production processes, and other considerations to facilitate/expedite/improve production processes.
- Perform Machine capacity planning within the scope of program and business planning
- Conduct economic feasibility comparisons based on quantitative, and qualitative considerations
- Analyze real assets, tooling, and utility costs (monitoring of dates, investment release, settlement of investment transactions, and budget controlling)
- Develop the integrated pricing analyses and solutions to meet customer specific internal tooling costs.
- Participate in cross-functional internal and external special projects.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs and provide support to team efforts.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, formal training, reviewing professional publications, establishing and expanding professional networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and experience:
- B.S. in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering, Finance, or Accounting (Deep technical experience/expertise in field can serve as a substitute for educational requirement)
- 5+ years of experience in Manufacturing or Assembly or Test technology/Automotive environment
- Basic knowledge of controlling and/or product cost estimation
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office and ERP systems
- Goal-oriented approach and ability to work independently
- Experience leading and working in a team environment
- Capable of making sound/economic decisions in a timely manner
- Strong written and verbal command of the English language
- Solid communication and listening skills
- Proven time and project management abilities
Are you interested?
- Masters of Business Administration (emphasis in Finance a plus)
- Experience with SAP R/3 and AXALANT
- German and/or Spanish language skills
Please, send us your complete and comprehensive application documents and a CV (in tabular form), qualification and work certificates, state the reference code - or apply online!
ZF Friedrichshafen - 2 years ago