The Cost Engineer is responsible for ensuring that an effective system of cost control is maintained for use on allocated contracts within JP Kenny Caledonia Ltd. |
Roles & Responsibilities
1. The Cost Engineer shall act as the centre of expertise within
J P Kenny for all activities relating to cost control. In
addition the Cost Engineer shall:
2. Assisting in the training and development of other J P Kenny personnel.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive cost control system
to provide accurate and timely reporting.
- Monitor cost data and provide accurate cost status reports in line with
Company and/or project requirements.
- Provide necessary commitment schedules and development of value of work done (VOWD) profile.
- Ensure that cost control from subcontractors and/or
vendors conform to both company and customer requirements.
- Collate and verify information necessary for production of invoices on behalf of the company.
- Review contractors invoices and documentation and check for
- Management of trends and change orders.
- Monitor, facilitate, analyse and audit contractor cost reports and notify of problems areas or deviations from each individual contract that JP Kenny is awarded at an international level.
- Facilitate the efficient close out of accounts upon completion.
3. Supporting other discrete packages / work as may be required on a time-to-time basis.
- The Cost Engineer shall ensure that they comply with the
company HSE policy. It should be noted that each person has a
responsibility for the safety and quality aspects of the work that they
undertake. Any questions or concerns relating to HSE and/or the QMS
should be brought to the attention of the Team Leader.
- For generating and issuing J P Kenny cost data.
- For checking subcontractor / vendor cost data.
Any Other Information
Experience and Qualifications:
- Sub-contractors and suppliers
- Project Services Manager
- Internal departments (as required/appropriate)
- Other divisions of JP Kenny where there is joint collaboration on projects across the globe.
Additionally the candidate should display the following:
- Masters Degree in Finance and Accountancy and be currently working towards gaining Chartered status with AcostE.
- The candidate should have experience in cost control, gained within the subsea oil and gas sector due to the complex nature of the work.
For further information/informal discussion
Please click the apply button, and upload your CV.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the EU
- IT literacy.
- Advanced organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Good understanding of the project management requirements of subsea engineering projects.
- High level of accuracy.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
J P Kenny - 17 months ago
PointOne Recruiting Solutions
- 13 days ago