Skanska USA is one of the largest, most financially sound construction networks in the country serving a
broad range of industries including healthcare, education, sports, data centers, government, aviation,
transportation, and water/wastewater. Headquartered in New York with 35 offices across the country, Skanska USA employs approximately 7,000 employees committed to sustainable construction and an injury-free workplace. Skanska USA Building, which specializes in building construction, and Skanska USA Civil, which is focused on civil infrastructure, generated $4.8 billion in revenue in 2010, representing 31 percent of Skanska’s global construction revenues. Additional operations in the U.S. include Skanska USA Commercial Development, which pursues commercial development initiatives in select U.S. markets, and Skanska Infrastructure Development Americas, which develops public-private partnerships. Global revenue of parent company Skanska AB, headquartered in Stockholm and listed on the Stockholm Stock Exchange, totaled $16.9 billion in 2010.
The Cost Engineer assists and supports the project team with budget management, tracking of productivity, project forecasting, subcontract management, and accounts receivable.
The position works under direct supervision, gathers and distributes information and reports directly to the Cost Manager and Project Manager. The Cost Engineer must be a team player and have strong organizational and accounting skills.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
• Perform tasks required to develop and maintain budgets for a project. This includes reorganizing budgets resulting from a change in means and methods, as well as updating budgets for additional work activities.
• Monitor costs and progress. This includes coding or reviewing the coding of timesheets, invoices, etc. for accuracy as well as insuring that adequate tracking of quantities and production is done on a weekly basis.
The results of the analysis should be analyzed and clearly communicated to the other members of the project team.
• Prepare quarterly project forecasts based on extensive knowledge of the ongoing construction as well as input from other members of the project team.
• Provide supervision and/or on-the-job training to clerical and entry level professional personnel assigned to area of responsibility as needed.
• Assist in the preparation and negotiation of cost for additional work on the project including tracking Time & Material work.
Job Skills & Abilities
• Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
• Broad understanding of industry
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent math skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Functions effectively as part of a team
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
• Ability to understand and follow directions
• Good time management and organizational skills
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent required
• Minimum 2 years of construction or professional experience
Skanska is an EEO/AA Employer
Skanska - 23 months ago
Skanska USA Building Inc. is a leading national and local provider of construction, pre-construction consulting, general contracting and...