AAM is a world leader in the manufacture, engineering, validation and design of driveline systems, chassis systems and forged products for trucks, buses, sport utility vehicles and passenger cars.
Currently, this Tier 1 automotive components supplier needs a talented individual to fill the role of a Cost Estimator at our World Headquarters location in Detroit, MI.
Key Requirements of Position:
- Responsible for costing Engineering Bill of Materials for new and current programs.
- Responsible for evaluating and analyzing cost changes for various products/processes – castings, stampings, forgings, machining etc.; and associated tooling investment(s).
- Actively support the Purchasing function to ensure market competitive sourcing.
- Implement, maintain and update associated cost models/analysis with real time quotes or valid technical data (as applicable).
- Coordinate with Engineering, Cost Estimating, Purchasing and the outside supply base as required.
- Train additional associates in related AAM global locations.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities along with process efficiency improvements.
- Organize and record domestic and international market studies for various commodities to identify market trends for material costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in an automotive industry.
- Strong technical expertise in casting, stamping, machining and related categories required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required (i.e., for presentations, meeting facilitation, etc.)
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently required.
- Willingness to travel as required to plant & supplier sites to assess the products and process systems, approximately 15%.
- Experience in MS Office Suite required and experience with integrated ERP systems is preferred (Oracle, SAP, etc.).
- Program Management experience preferred.
- Knowledge of driveshaft/unibody products along with manufacturing methods/processes preferred.
American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -
American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM) is GM's right-hand man for driveline systems and forged products. AAM manufactures axles,...