J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is a national company with major offices in the Washington DC area, Atlanta, San Antonio and Honolulu. Client focus ranges from Federal, State, and local Government entities to private sector clients nationally and internationally. J.M. Waller Associates, Inc. offers environmental, engineering, construction and facility management services.
We are seeking Cost Estimators with Architectural/Structural/Civil (A/S/C) or Mechanical/Plumbing/Electrical (M/P/E) estimating experience for employment in Arlington, VA. The work involves commercial and educational grade facility renovation and new construction projects throughout the continental United States.
In this role, you will prepare cost estimates, complete pricing and cost benchmarking validations, and provide specialty cost intelligence deliverables. You will utilize industry experience to develop cost estimates reflective of market and project conditions local to the work.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this job include:
Travel / geographic restrictions:
- Analyzes blueprints and other documents and prepares detailed cost estimates.
- Performs accurate quantity takeoffs of available design documents.
- Develops conceptual and feasibility cost model estimates utilizing historic benchmarking information and industry experience in order to develop complete early stage cost estimate forecasting.
- Obtains accurate and up to date pricing information from databases, contractors, suppliers, etc. to utilize in estimates.
- Reviews and finalizes estimate unit cost pricing to reflect current market conditions and specific project logistics.
- Reviews historic benchmark cost information and highlights variances.
- Works with architects, engineers and project managers to develop clear understanding of project scope during preparation of estimate.
- Prepares cost reconciliation between two or more estimates, and explain variance cost drivers.
- Aids field operations with evaluation of change order pricing, as required.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- This role is suitable for local candidates only, within daily commuting distance to Arlington, VA.
- There is no relocation or commuter travel funding available for this position.
- You must have current US work authorization to work for any US employer without requiring sponsorship now or at any time in the future.
- Project related travel on this assignment is not common but may be required from time to time and all travel and lodging costs incurred shall be reimbursed to you at cost.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) offers a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated professionals within the environmental, engineering, construction, logistics and facility management fields. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government clients, both domestic and international. Please visit our website for additional exciting career opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Engineering, Quantity surveying related fields or 5- 10 years of equivalent experience required.
- Five (5) + year's relevant estimating experience with appropriate and significant project experience.
- You must be highly articulate, have a clear and analytical approach to problem solving and strong decision making abilities.
- You must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You must have strong skills in estimating software (such as CATO, Success, or N2), electronic quantity takeoff, and Primavera. Knowledge of typical estimating program functionality and related WBS is preferred.
- This position requires knowledge of the national construction market and regional differentiators in areas of operation including pricing conventions and trends.
- You must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- A professional designation such as RICS, CCE, CCM, AIA, PE, ASPE, AACEI, CVS, AVS, LEED AP, RA, or any appraisal or real estate licensure is preferred but is not a requirement.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
J. M. Waller Associates, Inc., (JMWA ®) is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Business (SDVOB)
J.M. Waller Associates Inc. - 16 months ago