New York City - World Trade Center Construction
Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
The Louis Berger Group, Inc. offers professional services in the areas of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and environmental engineering; program management; planning; environmental sciences; cultural resources; information services; economics; policy and management analysis; and construction management and support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires Bachelors Degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited College or University
- Minimum of Ten (10) years experience with large-scale public works projects required
- Extensive knowledge of estimating for all construction disciplines; demonstrates ability to prepare fair bid analyses and investigate variances from the Engineer's estimates with presentation of information
- Specific skills and experience with Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing estimating is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in cost control/cost management methods and applications including earned value analysis and cost forecasting is a plus
- Experience with multiple stakeholder/funding sources is required
- Must have expert skills with Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel. Knowledge of HCSS estimating software preferred . Knowledge of Primavera Contract Manager, P6 and/or Cognos dB are a plus
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Certification as CCE or CCC is also a plus
- Permanent residence or US citizenship is required
- Support the program through the development of construction cost data including:
- Budget estimates based on developing designs
- Detailed pre-bid Engineer’s Estimates used to compare and validate contractor bids
- Estimates of proposed design changes
- Detailed estimates of Post Award Contract Changes
- Responsible for preparing and/or reviewing construction cost estimates for all engineering disciplines, including structural, architectural, heavy-civil, mechanical, and electrical disciplines, for accuracy, completeness and adherence to special work requirements. Will directly support efforts with mechanical, electrical and plumbing work and estimates.
- Responsible for summarizing the Engineer's Estimate, ensuring the estimate reflects complete scope and all constraints and working conditions; evaluating bid results and preparing reports on variances from the Engineer's Estimate; maintaining standard unit price costs.
Applicants must state in their applications whether they have current eligibility to work in the US. Applications without this information will not be considered.
- Must be able to develop ‘ground up’ hard-dollar unit costs and must be familiar with reviewing cost estimates developed by others.
To apply, please visit http://careers.louisberger.com/resume/curr_job_list.php , and apply by selecting the job(s) you are interested in, then clicking the link and following instructions.
Please have your resume ready to upload, formatted as a .doc, .rtf. or .pdf with your name and no other characters in the filename. Other formats will not upload correctly to the candidate database on www.louisberger.com .
Please include salary history/requirements when responding.
The Louis Berger Group, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including Medical & Dental plans, Life Insurance, Cafeteria Plan, Dependent Care, 401K with match, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
The Louis Berger Group, Inc - 14 months ago
The Louis Berger Group provides civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and environmental engineering services for commercial and...