New York City - World Trade Center Construction
Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
The Louis Berger Group, Inc. offers professional services in the areas of civil, structural, mechanical, electrical and environmental engineering; program management; planning; environmental sciences; cultural resources; information services; economics; policy and management analysis; and construction management and support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires Bachelors Degree in an Engineering discipline from an accredited College or University
- Minimum of Ten (10) years experience with large-scale public works projects required
- Extensive knowledge of estimating for all construction disciplines; demonstrates ability to prepare fair bid analyses and investigate variances from the Engineer's estimates with presentation of information
- Specific skills and experience with Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing estimating is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in cost control/cost management methods and applications including earned value analysis and cost forecasting is a plus
- Experience with multiple stakeholder/funding sources is required
- Must have expert skills with Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel. Knowledge of HCSS estimating software preferred . Knowledge of Primavera Contract Manager, P6 and/or Cognos dB are a plus
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Certification as CCE or CCC is also a plus
- Permanent residence or US citizenship is required
- Support the program through the development of construction cost data including:
- Budget estimates based on developing designs
- Detailed pre-bid Engineer’s Estimates used to compare and validate contractor bids
- Estimates of proposed design changes
- Detailed estimates of Post Award Contract Changes
- Responsible for preparing and/or reviewing construction cost estimates for all engineering disciplines, including structural, architectural, heavy-civil, mechanical, and electrical disciplines, for accuracy, completeness and adherence to special work requirements. Will directly support efforts with mechanical, electrical and plumbing work and estimates.
- Responsible for summarizing the Engineer's Estimate, ensuring the estimate reflects complete scope and all constraints and working conditions; evaluating bid results and preparing reports on variances from the Engineer's Estimate; maintaining standard unit price costs.
Applicants must state in their applications whether they have current eligibility to work in the US. Applications without this information will not be considered.
- Must be able to develop ‘ground up’ hard-dollar unit costs and must be familiar with reviewing cost estimates developed by others.
To apply, please visit http://careers.louisberger.com/resume/curr_job_list.php , and apply by selecting the job(s) you are interested in, then clicking the link and following instructions.
Please have your resume ready to upload, formatted as a .doc, .rtf. or .pdf with your name and no other characters in the filename. Other formats will not upload correctly to the candidate database on www.louisberger.com .
Please include salary history/requirements when responding.
The Louis Berger Group, Inc. offers a competitive compensation package including Medical & Dental plans, Life Insurance, Cafeteria Plan, Dependent Care, 401K with match, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
The Louis Berger Group provides civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and environmental engineering services for commercial and...