The Cost Study Specialist is part of the Analyst Team and coordinates with the Participant Integration Team within The Resource Group. In this role, the Cost Study Specialist conducts analytics and data mapping for potential Participants in support of the implementation of The Resource Group’s portfolio of contracts. Responsibilities include supporting The Resource Group’s Participant Integration team with regard to contract mapping, Participant transition and on-boarding, project management, reporting, and measuring of data. Ensuring the accurate and timely preparation/presentation of reports, presentations, and analytics is a key responsibility. In addition, the position will provide appropriate consultative services via written and verbal communications and financial analysis to The Resource Group leadership.
This associate promotes, exemplifies and supports the Ascension Health Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity, and Dedication. All work is performed with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension Health.
- Support on-boarding activities for New Ascension Health Alliance, Ascension Health Care Network, and GPO participants.
- Leverage analytical capabilities and database skills to map purchases made from previous GPOs and local contracts to The Resource Group by reviewing line-item purchase history against The Resource Group portfolio, concentrating on the top volume manufacturers; for the purpose of conducting a complete opportunity analysis for each Participant.
- Use creative techniques to compare spend data with conflicting data types and present the differences and solutions to participants, in non-technical terms.
- Provide LOCs/LOPs to facility management; work with Manager of Participant Integration to complete document; work with Participant distributor/wholesaler to ensure contract connection.
- Provide documentation to Participant management on current spend for financial planning and tracking purposes.
- Separate the customer data into manageable files for Participant management to present to customer.
- Create and maintain the Master Implementation Template (MIT) report. The MIT report will be used by all The Resource Group teams, as well as the customer, to track and document all conversion activities.
- Monitor timing of contract expiration, transition, and effective dates to ensure contract coverage.
- Oversee deployment of all LOCs/LOPs for contract implementation.
- Ensure that wholesalers’/distributors' goals are aligned with the Participant’s and The Resource Group’s goals, and that all teams are working in concert towards the same transition target date.
- Identify challenges, develop solutions, and provide recommendations through written and verbal communication to The Resource Group leadership and Participants. Assist with maintaining high standards of data quality through the introduction and implementation of information / data handling processes.
- Support the achievement of meeting business requirements and goals through accurate, timely, and detailed analytics and recommendations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required, a focus on healthcare, operations, or a related concentration is preferred
- Master’s degree is required
- Five to seven years experience in Group Purchasing, MedSurg, Distribution, Hospital Materials Management, or a combination of each, required
- Experience where analytical and critical thinking skills are considered to be transferable is required
The position requires strong analytical skills with the ability to produce quick and accurate results with minimal supervision. Critical thinking and written and verbal communication skills are necessary. A strong background in healthcare supply chain and systems implementation is critical. Understanding of general contract terms and customer agreements preferred. Time management and the ability to work on multiple projects at one time are vital. Proficient to expert use of spreadsheet, database, presentation and word processing applications are required. Candidates are also required to pass an Excel assessment and a business case study given during the interview process.
Ascension Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Ascension Health - 2 years ago
Ascension Health has ascended to the pinnacle of not-for-profit health care. As the largest Catholic hospital system in the US, and thus one...