University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Roles and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Costing and Pricing, the Costing and Pricing Specialist will be responsible for the preparation of cost proposals for government clients and other donors. This position works closely with the senior officers, program managers, and the Program Development unit. There are no procurement responsibilities in this position. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and oversee complex cost proposals for submission to donor agencies in coordination with program staff at IRD headquarters and field offices
- Complete all cost/pricing requirements identified in solicitations
- Work closely with the Program Divisions in developing budget scenarios and ensuring the compliance of budgetary procedures and guidelines
- Assist with the maintenance of a negotiation audit trail of changes/adjustments from initial proposal through final price agreement
- Review budgets with subcontractors
- Develop cost/pricing strategies and budget models to respond to specific requirements of solicitations
- Write budget narratives/justifications
- Communicate clearly and concisely with all parties through the proposal process
- Strong writing skills within deadline
- Time management and prioritizing to meet deadlines
- Outstanding problem-solving skills. High comfort level with non-routine and complex projects.
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office Suite, especially Excel and Word, required. Prior experience with Deltek System One, GCS Premier, and/or Costpoint desirable.
- Adaptable and flexible team player with ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities and work requirements.
Required Experience & Qualifications
Please note: To be considered for the Costing and Pricing Specialist position, you must be eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period of time without visa sponsorship.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Management or related field, or its equivalent required.
- Three (3) or more years of relevant experience in a federal contracting environment and hands-on proposal budgeting and costing experience.
- Basic knowledge of appropriate regulations including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) is required, and experience applying the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Acquisition Regulations.
- Must have excellent communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Work well with multiple deadlines and under pressure
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers . Please cut and paste your cover letter and upload your CV where indicated.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.