Will serve as an easily recognizable “signature” representation of LEGOLAND Florida. Entertains guests and promotes LEGOLAND Florida on a daily basis throughout the park and at periodic off- site special events.
Previous Costume Character experience is preferred. Experience in customer service field is preferred. Ability to move in and withstand wearing hot and heavy costume for up to 40 minutes at a time is necessary. Demonstrates enthusiasm and creativity. Requires the ability to skillfully and effectively communicate solely through action. Timeliness, thoroughness and the ability to adapt to situational changes is required. Dance and/or movement training is preferred. Due to scale demands of costume, applicant size must fit the dimensions of the costume, including being between 5’4 and 5’ 7” in height or 5'7-5'9 with slender build.
OPEN AUDITIONS HELD AT LEGOLAND
MARCH 14TH AND 15TH AT 7PM (SIGN IN BEGINS AT 6:30PM)
Please submit a non-returnable headshot and resume.
Prior acting or costumed character experience is a plus.
All Applicants will be asked to learn a short movement routine, please come dressed in comfortable clothing and footwear.
We will also be seeking candidates with strong animation skills and dance training to be utilized for shows and seasonal entertainment offerings.
For more detailed audition information please call 863-318-5356 or email LLF.Auditions@Legoland.com
Directions for auditions, please arrive at LEGOLAND Florida Employee entrance located off Cypress Gardens Blvd by turning on Cypress Gardens Road and making a left on Old Helena Rd, parking lot directly behind the Park View Hotel
TO APPLY: RESPOND TO THIS AD AND ATTEND OPEN AUDITIONS
1. Provides entertainment, amusement, and interactive activities for guests at LEGOLAND Florida by taking very opportunity to interact with guests throughout the park. Exceeds guest service expectation.
2. Represents LEGOLAND Florida in the best manner possible by maintaining the integrity and artistic value of all presentations when performing in the park and on special events.
3. Communicates with the Entertainment Department and Lead regarding the maintenance, care, and storage of all costumes.
4. Informs Lead or Supervisor of any problems, concerns or delays that may occur.
5. Learns other roles as required.
6. Cooperates with all Entertainment and park employees. Follows all park, departmental, and facility procedures.
LEGOLAND - 12 months ago