At Hyundai, we’ve rethought our business and created cars that combine performance, quality, design and innovation into a complete package.
It’s time you rethink what you expect from an employer.
At Hyundai, we understand you're not just building a career – you're building a life. We believe in our people and realize that our success is a direct result of our commitment in offering you great opportunities for your career. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for a chance to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to consider the following opportunity:
~ Responsible for legal representation and advice to HMA departments and executives in the primary areas of contractual matters, corporate development, acquisitions and funding, corporate law, insurance and risk management, ancillary litigation related to the foregoing areas, plus certain training of the Purchasing Department staff.
~ Responsible for analysis of insurance requirements in HMA agreements, obtaining all required insurance documentation, maintaining document management system regarding insurance documentation and updating and obtaining all insurance documentation on an annual basis.
- Negotiate, draft, and/or review of HMA vendor and affiliate company contracts with a value or potential liability of $100,000 or higher. Train, advise and assist the HMA Purchasing Department staff with review and negotiation of HMA contracts with a value or potential liability under $100,000.
- Internal legal work pertaining to all HMA corporate operations, development and acquisitions, including, but not limited to, dispute resolution, documentation of activities with subsidiaries and affiliates, corporate financing and risk management.
- Review and negotiate documentation, draft such documents as the particular deal may require, including corporate resolutions, legal opinions, and all required agreements.
- Advise and review procedures for compliance with governing law, including but not limited to, licensing requirements, antitrust matters, DMV compliance, UCC and privacy law requirements. Maintain current knowledge of recent developments in case law and changes to statutes and regulations.
- Responsible for assisting in analysis of insurance requirements in HMA agreements, obtaining all required insurance documentation, maintaining document management system regarding insurance documentation and updating and obtaining all insurance documentation on an annual basis.
- Work with and support HMA transactional attorneys in negotiating insurance provisions in HMA agreements and in obtaining necessary insurance documentation.
- Conduct training of Purchasing and other HMA departments regarding HMA’s contract and vendor insurance requirements.
~ High level of writing and negotiating skills
~ Knowledge of broad spectrum of business and legal issues and specific knowledge of auto distributor related issues
~ Ability to interact effectively with individuals of varied backgrounds and skill levels
~ Ability to research in a thorough and effective manner
~ Effective time management and work ethic
~ Ability to work independently
~ Willingness to undertake substantial and diverse job responsibilities.
~ Prior law firm or in house experience not required, but a plus
~ Prior insurance industry experience not required, but a plus
~ Strong contract, corporate and risk management experience
~ Must be a high school graduate.
~ Must have a Bachelor’s degree and a Juris Doctor degree.
~ Admission to California bar and in good standing.
Hyundai Motor America - 22 months ago
Hyundai Motor may be a Korean company, but more than half of the cars it sells in the US are made in the US by subsidiary Hyundai Motor...