Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is an integrated municipal solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services primarily in exclusive and secondary markets in the U.S. and a leading provider of non-hazardous exploration and production, or E&P, waste treatment, recovery and disposal services in several of the most active natural resource producing areas of the U.S., including the Permian, Bakken and Eagle Ford Basins. We also provide intermodal services for the movement of cargo and solid waste containers in the Pacific Northwest. Waste Connections serves more than two million residential, commercial, industrial, and E&P customers from a network of operations in 31 states. The company was founded in September 1997 and is headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas, 30 miles north of Houston.
At Waste Connections, culture is a critical component of our success. Our 7,000 employees are more empowered and more engaged than ever before as we continue to grow both internally and through acquisitions. Our managers around the country operate within a relatively decentralized structure, but look to our corporate headquarters for certain centralized services, including legal advice and counsel. The Legal Department looks for individuals who embrace servant leadership, and who are equally comfortable negotiating a contract or grabbing a drink after work with colleagues. If that sounds like you, you’re in the right place!
A Day in the Life of a Counsel at Waste Connections:
The Counsel is a corporate generalist, able to provide a wide-range of legal services and advice to various departments and business units throughout the organization.
- Provides legal services to various departments and business units with respect to a variety of transactional and commercial matters around the country, including customer contracts, franchises, collection, transportation and disposal agreements, master service agreements , information technology agreements, property and equipment leases and other commercial arrangements.
- Understands and supports merger and acquisition transactions, including due diligence, document preparation, closing mechanics and post-closing integration.
- Assists with various litigation matters.
- Completes special projects as requested.
- Manages relationships and services of outside attorneys.
- J.D., excellent academic credentials.
- 3+ years of experience practicing corporate/commercial law in a major law firm or corporation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, dynamic and team-oriented.
- Excellent analytical skills, with a strong ability to draft and review legal documents, and analyze and apply legal advice in a practical manner.
- Hard working, well-organized and detailed oriented. Must be able to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
What’s In It for You:
You will be joining a team environment and colleagues who embrace a “work hard, play harder” culture. Our compensation package is competitive, and comes with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance and a 401(k) retirement plan. You’ll also be associating yourself with a company that likes to lead by example, through a strong presence in our local communities, charitable giving, sustainability initiatives and more.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
Waste Connections - 23 months ago
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...