Performs highly responsible personal, educational or other counseling and/or training to individuals or groups. Responsibilities involve the provision of counseling services to individuals and groups in order that these individuals might achieve more effective personal, social, educational, and/or vocational development. Work is performed under general supervision with much latitude for independent judgment. Performance evaluation is based on the appropriateness and effectiveness of selected counseling methods and techniques and the attainment of other desired objectives. May supervise other counselors.
• Provide counseling and psychotherapy for TTU students.
• Provide intake assessment, including crisis intervention and emergency services.
• Offer outreach educational programming to campus community.
• Provide clinical supervision and training of psychology trainees.
• Consult with TTU faculty and staff.
• Operate as liaison to Residence Halls, academic departments and other university organizations.
• Coordinate special program services as needed.
• Participate in Center’s activities including staff meetings, personnel selection and other committees as needed.
• Demonstrate ability to organize work effectively, and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
• Demonstrate knowledge of ethical and legal issues facing higher education.
• Participate actively in Department’s strategic planning, goal setting, and assessment.
• Jobs and responsibilities as assigned by the Director.
Master’s degree in related area. Thorough knowledge of the application and evaluation of testing and counseling techniques. Ability to conceptualize and prioritize goals and objectives. Ability to relate to people from all walks of life and communicate effectively with them.
This is a Security Sensitive Level I position. Applicants for this position will be subject to a police records check and may be required to be fingerprinted.
• Doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology.
• Experience with a university population.
• Eligibility for licensure as psychologist in Texas.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide the following with your application:
• Resume (include 3 references)
• Cover Letter
Hourly Pay Range
17.31 - 30.77
Monthly Pay Range
3083.33 - 5333.33
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Beginning in 1969 as Texas Tech University School of Medicine, today Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center is a six-school university...