The Urban League of Rochester seeks a Counselor for our M&W Business Development Division’s EAP Program, which assists individuals interested in starting or growing a small businesses to successfully access the required information and resources to do so.
Conduct outreach and recruitment efforts, including program orientations and community presentations on the program and the services including the outreach to potential MWBEs to assist them in applying for and securing certification as a NY State Minority, Woman, or Minority Woman-owned Business.
Assist in the development of outreach and business planning information as needed.
Maintain appropriate communication and interaction with partner businesses, consultants, funders, businesses, clients, government entities and other technical advisors.
Positively represent the program and the agency in the community.
In conjunction with funders’ requirements, supervisor and program consultants, assist coordinator in planning and facilitating all workshops and training sessions.
Provide one-on-one technical assistance and consulting services to participating businesses.
Become familiar with the content of and teaching of all appropriate NxLeveL training materials and other resources for assisting program participants in learning the basics of starting and operating a successful business.
Complete and maintain program files and records, and enter all client information into the EAP database to help generate accurate internal and external reports and statistics to track and assure successful program outcomes.
Maintain and submit required documentation to Program Coordinator in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met and to ensure effective program operation.
Participate in additional training as required for effective program operation when approved by supervisor.
Provide information on contract projects open for bid to small business teams in a timely manner via faxes, telephone, e-mail, and in-person consultations.
Work with executive consultants to coordinate consultant activities, appointments and submission of consultants' billings.
Attend EAP Small Business Roundtable and Client Advisory Group, and Better Contractors Bureau meetings as needed.
Perform such duties as the supervisor may assign.
- Bachelor's degree with two years experience in communications, business administration, business development, public administration or related social science may be acceptable.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
- Knowledge of available community resources.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to relate to, communicate with, and work with a diverse population and understand the issues relating to such a population.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to tolerate and handle stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Competency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Able to work evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Access to reliable transportation.