About Banner Behavioral Health Hospital
For more than four decades, Banner Behavioral Health has provided nationally recognized, comprehensive behavioral health care for patients of all ages faced with the challenges of psychiatric, behavioral health, or chemical dependency problems.
Six locations in and around Phoenix (including Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Sun City West) make it easy for our patients to find help, and easy for you to have the neighborhood and lifestyle you want. Banner Behavioral Health is dedicated to providing safe, confidential and compassionate treatment.
About Banner Health
Banner Health was selected as one of the Top Leadership Teams in Healthcare by Health Leaders Media, is one of the Top 100 Integrated Healthcare Networks in the nation according to SDI, and voted as one of the “ Best Places to Work ” in the Phoenix metro area by the Phoenix Business Journal. We encouraged you to read more information about Banner Health. We recommend the following options:
- Why Banner Health?
- Banner Health Benefits
- Banner Health Careers
Provides clinical assessment and psychotherapy services for defined patient population. Services are provided to patients, families and/or groups and may be in both inpatient, residential, and outpatient settings. Position provides treatment in one or more of the following areas: substance abuse, emotional and behavioral issues, eating disorders and other mental disorders as outlined in the "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders" (DSM).
- Provides assessment and direct psychotherapy to individuals, families, and groups. Coordinates all aspects of patient care from admission to discharge, interacting with the physician and other members of the clinical treatment team to provide quality patient care.
- Provides education and orientation for patients, families and others to assigned treatment program to aid in therapeutic process. Collaborates with the patient in the development of a written treatment plan. Includes patient and family involvement in assessment, treatment, education and discharge planning.
- Monitors patients on an ongoing basis to continually assess needs and facilitate treatment and interventions. Documents clinical assessment, diagnosis, treatment plan, diagnostic summaries, and progress charting in a timely manner to assure comprehensive and quality patient care.
- Actively participates as member of the multidisciplinary treatment team and maintains effective working relationships with physicians and peers.
- May provide clinical updates to representatives of managed care to assure coordination and reimbursement of treatments services. May conduct cognitive testing and document results.
- Coordinates with community based providers to assure optimal levels of care post discharge and to maximize treatment outcomes.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
Requires a Master's degree in counseling, behavioral health, or a related human services field, or educational requirement as mandated by state board in order to obtain licensure in field of specialty.
Behavioral Health Licensure or working toward licensure in field of specialty as mandated by state board or regulatory agency.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 2 years experience in a behavioral health setting. Requires ability to work with a diverse population along with interpersonal skills and knowledge required in treating patients in area of assigned specialty.
Behavioral Health Licensure is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
If you thrive on change and you’re looking to be part of the future of health care, you belong at Banner Health.